Hello F150online - from AdamsPolishes.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello F150online - from AdamsPolishes.com

Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and Adam's to the forum.

We're proud to become a sponsor here and will be running specials, sales, give aways and contests regularly. Also check out the upcoming posts as I'll be announcing your guys forum discount code and some other specials to kick this off the right way.

My name is Dylan and I do all the forum sponsorship presence for Adam's on all manner of sites- car, truck, suv, camaro, mustang, corvette, and everything in between. My heart lies with GM trucks (don't kill me! ) I'm into slammed and clean, but I am pretty much into all kinds of rides. American muscle, euro tuners, exotics, classics, cars, trucks, etc - I'm into just about anything with wheels.

I've been detailing professionally for 14 years now - everything from daily drivers up to concours cars, race cars, trailer queens, and everything in between. I joined the Adam's team full time a little less than a year ago, after spending a year as a contracted consultant for product development. Despite knowing the owner (Adam) for over a decade, I had kept my 'regular job' but he finally made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Anyways, looking forward to getting to know the board. If you have any technical detailing questions don't hesitate to ask... thats the main reason I'm here! Anything from product suggestions, help with technique, how to fix or care for something specific, whatever you can think of. If its a detailing related problem I've probably seen it, and if I haven't I can find you an answer.

I leave you with a few shots of my current ride and the ride prior to that... you might see a theme emerging. I'm a sick bastard... I keep buying black!!

My current ride - 09 Avalanche, 3/5 drop, TBSS replica 22's on 285/45's

My last ride - 06 Trailblazer SS... too much to list.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Clean rides. They don't look too bad for a chevy. haha. I'm actually thinking about doing a full detail on my truck once this spring comes along. Inside and out back inside the engine and maybe do another sweep on the inside of the cab. If you were closer and not on the other side of the map I would use you. And welcome to the forum.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forums Dylan. Nice rides for sure. They look like they could be in Goldberg's Bull Run

Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the forum, i like me some adam's products....and that tbss is sexy!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the site! I have a question for an Expert... What is a good product to clean and protect matte black wheels like XD Monsters? I always have a difficult time scrubbing the brake dust off my wheels.. I have been using McGuire's Hot Wheels.. Is there anything better?

Old 01-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor
On matte or satin finish wheels I stick to soap and water cleaning or a mild dedicated wheel cleaner with a soft brush or wash pad. Excessive scrubbing and start to produce shiny spots on some of the more delicate matte finishes.

After cleaning (and this is going to sound strange) I've had great success using a tire and trim dressing on matte finishes. The key is to use something like our Super VRT which by design is not super glossy and is water based. The effect it has on the surfaces just makes them darker and evens the color without leaving a shiny or greasy residue.

As with anything its recommended you test it in a small area first to ensure you like the result. Since our dressing is water based if you dont like the look its easily removed with a little diluted all purpose cleaner.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
TBSS > AVI

welcome

Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
TBSS > AVI

welcome
I don't disagree! I loved that TBSS... it was a blast to drive. Something about a grocery getter like that where you can blow a lot of guys off the road puts a smile on my face. Just came time to move on, a growing family and the need for something to haul more gear in the back.

I will say the Av has been the best truck I've owned... really versatile. I know the looks aren't for everyone but its really a functional vehicle.

Old 02-15-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was just perusing some threads over on the Adam's forums. In particular looking at threads on the Americana wax. Came across your post here and had to compliment you.

I saw your black paint and did this....

I try to keep my truck's paint in good shape, but my goal is to have the black paint look as good as you do. I started off detailing with Adam's and went off to try other products after my first detail. The inventory has exploded since my original order. I'll be making a huge Adam's purchase as soon as tax returns come in. Can't wait to come back to Adam's products....thanks for the inspiration.

Would you mind posting a brief method you follow when doing a full detail (including paint correction) on your vehicle? Is it basically the reference guide posted on Adam's site? Or do you change things up a bit?

Last edited by mblouir; 02-15-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor
My basic process (and obviously it varies depending on the vehicle and the condition)

Strip Wash
Clay
Rewash
Dry
SSR + Green Pad
SHR + Orange Pad (repeat as needed)
FMP + White Pad (repeat to desired look is achieved)
Brilliant Glaze w/ gray pad
Americana Paste Wax by hand (ice water application for 2 layers)

Then its just a matter of maintaining it with regular washes and waterless wash dustings regularly. The trucks not in the best shape right now... its been making runs to the dump after I finished remodeling the garage and I've been on the road too much to detail... its due for its spring cleanup here soon.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the quick reply---that's exactly what I needed.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome aboard here! I am registered on the Adams board as well. I make small purchases here and there to keep it easy on the wallet and try new things as i have the extra cash. Very happy with the SHR, BW, BG so far.. looking to get some Americana next. Glad you are over here showing people options. Always nice to pick up new tips to keep me occupied on sunny afternoons!

Quick Reply: Hello F150online - from AdamsPolishes.com