HELP!!! kEYLESS ENTRY!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2001, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP!!! kEYLESS ENTRY!!

Where is the reciever for the keyless entry on the mustangs? I would imagine it is in the same location as the trucks. Under hood, bumper, inside? Also anyinfo as to why it might not work and how to trouble shooot it would be great.

Old 01-09-2001, 01:27 PM
Call the service department, they should have it listed in the service manual. Sorry, don't have that info.

Old 01-09-2001, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll be taking a walk over to the assembly plant later this week... I'll let you know... If memory serves me correct, I want to say inside the left rear quarter panel behind the trim panel... I don't think it's under the dash... If I remember to, I'll try to find out for sure.
-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof, built 11/99 picked up 10/00!Clear Corners, Manik Stainless Steel 1-piece brush guard, Custom CB wiring, Uniden PC76-XLW CB radio with K-40 Magna-Mount antenna (for now), 1 set of 165 watt KC Daylighters (for now... more on the way) Custom switch mounting plate and overhead console.
List of planned mods: Clear tails, color matched trailer hitch with stainless steel ball, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, spray in liner, and a tonneau of some sort...

93 Probe GT teal, OE rims painted to match, bone stock drivetrain.

Old 01-11-2001, 09:28 PM
I found it! I took a walk through the assembly plant today... it's on the driver's side of the instrument panel, just to the left of the fuse block. (sitting in the driver's seat) It's oriented as though it were a book lying on it's spine, and the harness plugs in at the "back" (firewall end) It's a black box about 5 inches by 8 inches, and the connector that plugs into it is yellow.

As for troubleshooting, and getting it out without removing the instrument panel, you're on your own for that one.... anybody know a good contortionist?

-Joe-

Old 01-12-2001, 09:50 PM
I also have a question about keyless entry. I recenty bought my wife a used Thunderbird but we cant find the code for the keyless entry. Is there a sticker somewhere in the car that would show it or who could I call to get it?
Thanx

Old 01-14-2001, 10:30 PM
You've got 3 choices.

1) Don't use it. (Not feasable)
2) Take it to the dealership and let them find it. A pain, but they can do it for you.
3) Call a good local repair shop in your area, and ask them if they have a Mitchell Manual. It's a manual that lists every electrical component on a car, as well as its location. If you need to, Murray's Auto Parts in Trenton MI used to have one... their number is (734) 676-0880. It would be worth it for a 5 minute phone call...

More generally, there is a label on the reciever that should generally have the code printed on it. Sometimes they are under the dash (like our trucks and Mustangs) and other times they are behind the rear trim panels in the trunk (Like in Explorers). It will be a 5 digit code, and will be clearly printed on the label... the key is finding it. Also, I know Town Cars used to have a sticker inside the trunk lid that had the number on it... try the jack/spare compartment too if you have one...

Good Luck!

-Joe-

Old 01-15-2001, 06:31 PM
Cool

GIJoeCam should be right on about the trunk. I had a '92 Thunderbird with keyless entry keypad, and the code was on a sticker on one of the trunk hinges (left one I think).
Good Luck,
Jeff

------------------
1999 F-150 Lariat 4X2
Reg cab Short box Styleside
5.4L 3.55ls
Deep Wedgwood Blue/Silver
Lund Interceptor hood shield
VentVisors
Class III hitch
Ford molded mud guards
Soft tonneau cover
Factory CD with changer
Tinted windows
Factory fog light kit

http://www.my-f150.com/lariatregcab/

Watch out NHL, Jagr and super Mario
Best in the buisness

Trending Topics

Old 01-22-2001, 09:45 PM
You know if your keyless entry doesn't work after checking all of the fuses, you might even want to check the battery in the remote if you haven't already. Just some basic advice, I know that was what was wrong with mine until I bought a whole new alarm system.
Thomas Murphree

------------------
-------------------------
1999 super cab
white with tan bottom
automatic
4.6L v8
WAAG grillguard
2 KC daylighters
vampire remote start combo alarm
steelhorse nerf bars
Husky chrome toolbox
2 10" Cerwin Vega subs
pyramid 800w amp
4 pioneer 3 way 6x8's
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wants: 2 chamber flowmaster dual exhaust
tan fender flares
american racing atlas
2" fabtech suspension leveling kit

Old 02-12-2001, 01:03 PM
Lightbulb

I don't know if you've solved your T-Bird's keyless entry problem yet or not, but I had an '87 Cougar with a keyless entry. If you check the owners manual (if you have it) there is a way to reset the code to whatever number you wish by pushing the buttons in a certain sequence.

Hope this helps.

------------------
1999 F150 SC, 4X4 ORP, True duals, Bedliner.

Old 02-13-2001, 12:00 AM
That doesn't reset the factory code, it only allows you to program in additional codes. Otherwise, if you changed it and I bought the car, and you didn't tell me the new code, I'd be SOL!

-Joe-

Old 02-13-2001, 08:30 AM
Lightbulb

I was told by the dealer, the following.
You can enter another code, the factory preset and the new code take affect. If you enter an additional code, it "pushes" out the factory code, now you have 2 codes, both custom.
I have not read this in the manual (I will today) and I would tend to believe GIJoe, that is how I would do it if I were designing it. Factory code is always present.

------------------
Craig Brossman
2001 SCrew 5.4L 4WD Lariat
Az Beige/Wedgewood Blue
Cpts. chairs, Moon roof, Tow package, CD changer
3.55 lim. slip, Rear slider, Skid plates
Mods:Ford Bedliner, Ford BugGaurd, Westin Step Bar, Gibson Swept Side

Old 02-13-2001, 07:27 PM
yup... the dealer is clue-less (as anyone who has ever been to one knows). There is no way to reprogram the factory code other than to replace the door lock module (I'm drawing a blank on the acronym for it). That's just for the reasons I described above.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! kEYLESS ENTRY!!