Clogged washer fluid nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Clogged washer fluid nozzle

One day while i was waxing my car I got some wax paste around the drivers side nozzle. I was just hoping that the wax would work itself loose. It has not. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean this out? We are expecting our first snow storm this weekend and I would like to try and have it working by then.

Thanks

-Tills

------------------
2001 F-150XLT SuperCab, Silver, 4X4, AOD, 5.4L, 3.55LS, 17in Rubber, Sport Package, Bedliner, Sliding Rear Window and A partridge in a pear tree...

Old 12-28-2000, 04:42 PM
Try poking the soft bristles of an old toothbrush with some windex on it into the hole and see if it will break up the wax. Then flush it out with the windshield washer.

Hobbit

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Side Steps and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, still want a Superchip and by golly I'm gonna get one (just as soon and I hit the lottery )

Old 12-29-2000, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try. Does the ammonia in the windex break down the wax?

What about using dish washing detergent, from what I read dish washing detergent will eat up the wax on your car if you wash with it. I am just a bit nervous using it and removing the wax for the winter time. I put 3 coats on right before winter to help protect the paint from salt and all the other crap they use to melt the ice.

hobbit, I will give your suggestion a try tonight and let you know how it works.

Thanks!!

------------------
2001 F-150XLT SuperCab, Silver, 4X4, AOD, 5.4L, 3.55LS, 17in Rubber, Sport Package, Bedliner, Sliding Rear Window and A partridge in a pear tree...

Old 12-29-2000, 11:25 AM
Cool

those little nozzles pop out pretty easy. They just kind of clip onto the hood. Look at it from the inside of the hood and you should see how they come off. Maybe you could take it off and soak it in some hot water or something..

------------------
2001 Supercrew, white/silver Lariat,
  • gray leather capt. chairs,
  • 5.4L,
  • Expedition console,
  • Truck Master Designs front air dam w/lights
  • window tint
  • wood dash,
  • cobra hood,
  • billet grill,
  • Ford chrome tube steps,
  • Line-X liner,
  • Magnaflow cat-back dual exhaust w/stainless tips,
  • k/n filter,
  • Audiovox flip down TV
  • V-Tech tail light covers and front marker covers
  • Ventvisors
  • Astro fiberglass tonneau
http://hometown.aol.com/washyourcar/supercrew.html one50npump@aol.com

Old 12-29-2000, 02:38 PM
Cool

Try gentle use of the tapered end of a sewing needle. And yes, DW detergent is for dishes, get a nice car/truck soap to protect your wax.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
K&N F.I.P.K. w/Outwears pre-filter, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s,
Mobil 1, K&N oil filter.

Old 12-29-2000, 04:48 PM
I didn't mean to spray the nozzle liberally with windex, just to get the toothbrush wet and work it into the nozzle hole. I don't think a little windex on your paint is going to be a big deal, if your worried then dab it up with a rag right away.

Their calling for 8-14" of snow tonight into Sat. can't wait All the other lemmings are panicing like crazy around here.

Hobbit

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Side Steps and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, still want a Superchip and by golly I'm gonna get one (just as soon and I hit the lottery )

Old 12-29-2000, 05:49 PM
Smile

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully I will not have to try them all!

-Hobbit I'm looking around 12-16 in delaware. All of the supermarkets are crazy and people are acting likes it's the end of the world! They are such dopes!

can't wait to do some 4 wheelin'

-Tills

------------------

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-2000, 09:41 PM
Have an air compressor? take the hose off the back and blast some air through it..

------------------
2001 Supercrew, white/silver Lariat,
  • gray leather capt. chairs,
  • 5.4L,
  • Expedition console,
  • Truck Master Designs front air dam w/lights
  • window tint
  • wood dash,
  • cobra hood,
  • billet grill,
  • Ford chrome tube steps,
  • Line-X liner,
  • Magnaflow cat-back dual exhaust w/stainless tips,
  • k/n filter,
  • Audiovox flip down TV
  • V-Tech tail light covers and front marker covers
  • Ventvisors
  • Astro fiberglass tonneau
http://hometown.aol.com/washyourcar/supercrew.html one50npump@aol.com

Old 12-30-2000, 09:06 AM
Thumbs up

I finally had to remove the nozzle from the hood and soak it and clean it out. There was a bunch of crud in there. It sprays better than it did but off to the dealers I do for a replacement.

Oh BTW...Not one frickin' snow flake fell in Newark DE. I am pissed this morning. I didn't but the 4x4 for the pretty stickers ya know!!

-Tills

------------------

Old 12-30-2000, 02:16 PM
Just for future reference, get yourself a roll of BLUE painter's masking tape. Tape over the nozzles and black plastic before you wax. Keeps the wax out of the nozzles and off the black. Makes things go really fast when waxing.

The blue tape is the only one that comes off easily and doesn't leave any residue.

Old 12-30-2000, 10:57 PM
LeatherRebel
Sorry to hear you didn't get any of the white stuff we got about 8-10" just outside Atlantic City. Went out to "play" this afternoon. Hope you get some soon.

Hobbit

------------------
99 XLT,4.6L Auto,4X4,tow pkge,Factory Side Steps and Mudflaps, K&N filter,BugflectorII, Amazon Green/Silver, Pace Edwards Rolltop Cover, I got my Superchip, waiting to get jumper problem fixed and chip installed.

Old 01-02-2001, 10:52 AM
-Dennis

Thanks for the advice, I will definatly invest in a couple rolls for BLUE tape.

-Hobbit

It snowed from 2-3pm on Saturday. I recieved about a quarter inch of snow. Just enough to fishtale on my street before the major road. At least I got a little fix that day. I hope you enjoyed the snow.

-Tills

------------------

Old 01-02-2001, 05:40 PM
I strip the plastic off a bread loaf's twisty tie or garbage bag tie. The wire usually does the trick.

Quick Reply: Clogged washer fluid nozzle