Cloth Baby Diapers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2000, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Cloth Baby Diapers!!!

It sounds crazy, but when we had our daughter the wife used cloth diapers for burp towels. So I thought what a good idea, if they are good enough for a babies butt, then they are good enough for my truck. So I use them to dry off truck after washing, and to put on waxes and polish. Works great.

So the next time you go to wal-mart tell your wife to get you some cloth diapers- even if you dont have any kids. Be prepared she may look at you strange. Oh yeah forgot to mention they are CHEAP. can buy a pack of 5 for about $3.

Old 06-03-2000, 10:13 PM
If I ever have my truck searched someone may try to haul me off. A 28 yo umarried male driving around with an open package of diapers in the cab might look suspicious where I live. lol

I carry one and a bottle of Meguiars Final Inspection in the cab to remove bird feces. They have incredible aim!!! Dark spot on the tailgate is the handle and they hit it everytime.

I'll agree diapers do work great for removing excess wax too. I wonder if they're cheaper in the baby section than they are in the Auto section. I know RTV is cheaper in Automotive section than it is in the pets section.

------------------
all4chem@aol.com
Y2K XLT Supercab Flareside, Oxford White, Medium Graphite, Captains Chairs, 6-Disc, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Tow Pkg, Block Heater, Sliding Glass, Keyless Entry, 5-Spoke Al Wheels, P235/70R-16 OWL Tires, Clear Corner Lenses, Eaglite Plasma Headlights, Al Striker Plates for the rear doors, Oxford White Lund Interceptor, Line-X Liner.
Ordered: 01-17-00
Built: 02-23-00
Delivered: 03-13-00

Old 06-04-2000, 01:09 AM
I've been using the diaper clothes for over a year now when I wax my truck. They work great for removing the wax. I too have found they are cheap. I also keep one in the pocket of the drivers side back door on my extended cab. I use it to clean up any smudges, finger prints, such after I have waxed my truck and someone has to get in it or something. Got to hate the fact that black shows everything.

Good question about wether they would be cheaper in the baby section or not. Will have to look into it the next time I go to Wal-Mart.

---------------------

'99 F-150 extended cab. Black over gold. 4.6 V8 K&N Air filter. Lund bugdeflector, and vent shade rain guards. Factory installed nerf bars, and soft tonneau cover.

Old 06-04-2000, 01:16 AM
Chief, have you tried Meguiars final inspection? It's made for exactly what you use the diaper for, I keep it in the pocket of the rear door with the diaper. Keeps it from scratching by rubbing with dry cloth.

Old 06-04-2000, 01:52 AM
Can't say I have used the Meguires. Will have to look into it. Usually I can swipe the spot a few times with the diaper cloth and it's good to go.

Old 06-04-2000, 03:30 AM
Cool

All I can say is that my friend has a Dodge Viper ACR and he uses those diapers as well
NO SWIRLS

------------------

Old 06-06-2000, 01:49 AM
Soldiers have known for yrs that the best way to spit shine combat boots is cloth diapers.

Trending Topics

Old 06-12-2000, 07:47 PM
Are they 100% cotton? I have this huge fear of letting ANYTHING touch my truck unless it's 100% cotton. I've had a bitch of a time getting rid of swirl marks that happened before I got smart and figured out what I can use on the truck and what I can't. Sounds like a great idea though!

------------------
98' F-150, Off Road, Short Box, Blue, 4.6, K&N, Auto, Captain Chairs, Dual Exhaust
Alpine CD Player, (2) 10" Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers and a big ol' Arctic Cat
sticker on the rear sliding window!!!!! Soon to be chipped!!!

Quick Reply: Cloth Baby Diapers!!!