How does everybody dry there Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2000, 02:04 PM
franks&beans
Cool

I use the California Water Blade and a soft cotton towel to finish up. You have to be smart about using the water blade. The truck HAS to be washed by hand or by one of those car washes, this ensures all the dirt will be washed away. Those high pressure power sprayers will not totally clean the surface. The only time I use a high pressure types is when my truck is totally waxed, this way the dirt /dust slides right off. just my 2 cents worth.

F&B's

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green F-150 XLT, Supercab, 6' bed, 2WD, 4.2L automatic, Limited Slip and Tow Pkg., Rear slider

Performance Mods:
Superchip
4.10 gears
Outerwears pre-filter and K&N air filter
Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks
Hellwig rear sway bar

Other:
3" body lift
Signal mirrors
Stull polished grills
(4)55 watt driving lights
(2)55 watt back-up lights
all controlled by SPDT switches
Fiberglass hood ;-)
Painted tailgate handle and OEM air dam
Color keyed outer grill
OEM fender flares
Black Max soft Tonneau cover
Driver side grab handle
Lift lips
Viper alarm w/(remote start)
3" rear seat lift
Smart Park 2000
BFG AT's 265/75/16
Carr side steps.......
lmaox10@hotmail.com

Old 05-19-2000, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey guys gals try this the next time and you will be amazed how it works! the next time you wash your vehicle at home! (i use a chenile wash pad brush with a aluminum extendable handle to wash mine i got it at wal-marts for $10 makes it real easy washing the 4 wheel drives!) dont use a sprayer on the end of your garden hose! remove the sprayer and rinse the soap off your truck with a steady stream of water. it will sheet right off and dry spot free, exept on a few flat surfaces like on the tops of the bumpers? and i get those spots with a chamois clothe. also after it completely drys i will drive around the block and it will shake a few spots of water out around the mirrors and around the plastic bed caps and i will give a quick wipe over those and i am done! I use to hate washing my BIG BLACK F-150 but know its easy and it only takes me 5 or 10 minutes to washer know? before i learned this simple trick it would take me a hour with all that wiping and spot removing i have got all my neighbors doing this now! they thank me for telling them! try it you want be disapointed

Old 05-19-2000, 07:01 PM
Question

f-trucks do you have a well or city water. I have a well so it is like a constant water spot day....thanks

Old 05-20-2000, 12:20 AM
dlb
Question

For the guys that use the 100% cotton towels, do you dampen them before hand?

Old 05-20-2000, 08:13 AM
Water blade and soft cloth. The water blade was a pain when I first got it but after a few times you learn a technique. It works so fast and I can do the whole truck with it and only 1 small towel with no wringing. Truck must be clean though, it will scratch the paint if it is dirty, as anything will (why would you dry a dirty truck anyway?).

------------------
2000 Lariat Flairside Supercab, 5.4, 3.55LS, towing package, captains chairs,cd changer, Bugflector II (painted Bright Red)and now the Herculiner Bedliner

Old 05-20-2000, 11:06 AM
Thumbs up

California water blade and a 100% cotton towel with the tags ripped off. As mentioned above, the water blade works great to get most of the water off, provided the paint is totally clean, with absolutely no dirt or grit remaining. I follow up with a made in USA Cannon white towel. So far, I have gotten no swirls or scratches. Regardles of which method you use, be careful and take your time! Dirt you miss while washing will be ground in if you dry with anything but air. Around here, the water is so hard, that if I dry by air, I get lotsa spots....

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/p01fc8a7b6571bc3697348590ed6ae299/ffd3bb4d.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/p11a5f905e90a60c8f1d93b0c2ab04826/ffd3bb4f.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A> <A HREF="http://www.zing.com/picture/p15c0af534ab6c9a5647305881903829e/ffd3bb51.jpg" TARGET=_blank> </A>
2000 XLT Sport, Flareside, 2WD, SuperCab, 5.4L. Factory options: 3.55 LS, Class III tow, Dark graphite captains chairs & console w/CD changer, Remote entry , and Slider.
Mod Highlights: Window tint, light covers, Linex bedliner, ARE LSII lid, and a Flowmaster cat-back exhaust kit.
Wish list: K&N FIPK, Belltech 3/4 drop, rear sway bar, SuperChip, and a front bumper cover.
For details, go to: <A HREF="http://home.columbus.rr.com/selva1/f150.html" TARGET=_blank> </A>

[This message has been edited by selva1 (edited 05-20-2000).]

Old 05-20-2000, 02:42 PM
Thumbs up

steveo i have city water i made a mistake one day and just sprayed my truck with the garden spray nozzle and never dried it with a towel after washing, there was so many hard water white spots on my truck after it dried it took me 2 or 3 hours of elbow grease to remove them all! whew! never do that again! My brother has well water though and he does this same trick i taught him and it works every time on his truck also! NO WATER SPOTS just remove the nozzle and rinse with a stream of water and it will dry spot free try it you will like the results

Quick Reply: How does everybody dry there Truck?