Meguire's tire gel

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-1999, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Freezer: I just got a free sample of meguires tire gel and tried it out this past weekend. I thought it was the same stuff I'd been using also from meguires and it is tire gel too. What I had was in a red bottle and the free sample is in black. The stuff in black sure does smell just like grape koolaid!! I was able to do all 4 tires with the sample and do them twice so they turned very shiny. But I found that dirt from my gravel driveway tends to stick to the tires. At least it did on Sat and Sun. Today, Mon. the tires don't seem to be so sticky. I don't know if I like this stuff better than the red bottle or not. The tires do look better but I don't like having to brush off the tires after driving up the driveway. Did you notice this problem?? Or do you think I just put on to much gel perhaps?? It was a small sample and I was surprized it did 4 tires twice each.

Old 08-10-1999, 12:30 AM
When I was at the store buying the product I saw the two different Meguiars tire gels; one in a red bottle and one in a black bottle. Does anyone know the difference? The black bottle (Endurance) is sweet smelling. How about the stuff in the red bottle, does that also smell like grape? Also, the Endurance comes with a wheel shaped applicator. As far as stuff sticking to my tires, that hasn't happened to me Tina. But then I never go off road really.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 08-16-1999, 08:07 PM
Talking

I haven't tried that brand yet but I have been using Turtle Wax Tire Wax and it does great. I usually apply it with one of those tire shaped applicators and then go behind it with eagle one tire wet.

------------------
1997 150 2x4 4.6 Liter V-8, XLT, Towing package, Torreador red, Ventshade ventvisors, Wraparound bug deflector, color matched single level camper shell, Lund Screen front grill covers
Ford Bedliner. No mods as of yet.(Bought the truck used)

Old 08-17-1999, 07:34 PM
Well I tried it out, it works pretty good. Thanks for all of you guys and gals recommending it.

------------------
Stone Cold, Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Magnum bug shield,Grizzly
roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can turn night into day), Manik grille guard,Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/s, American Racing Baja wheels and a F150 Online sticker
. More to come for the Attention Getter: Ramsey winch will be on it real soon (hopefully), 2 more KC lights, Rancho shocks. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or go to http://www.mindspring.com/~acbradley/index2a.html

Old 08-18-1999, 12:53 AM
Question

Hey ya'll,
This may be off-thread but I came across this thread in search and it's fairly recent.
I heard something at work tonight about using Ivory Dish Soap to shine or glaze your tires with.!? This sounded impossible but the guy who told me said he had seen done at two different places. You wash, tamp dry, apply a bead around tire, add some to palm, and smooth around tire. This may be a setup but he was pretty serious about it. Has anyone heard of this or am I just gonna' look stupid doin' it?
It would be a WHOLE lot cheaper if it worked.

------------------
'98 XLT 4.6 SC 4x2,
Black SB flareside,
ARE Tonneau,
Lined,
Tinted,
Deflected,
Mini-Disked,
Amped,
Subbed 2x12,
K&Ned,
B-B-B-M-F
Goin' thru tires fast.

Old 08-19-1999, 03:26 PM
Always used Whestley's Bleach White. Flat black finish but never browns or chalks and also gets those OWL's white. After your recomendations howver I have gone ahead and tried grape Koolade. Works great and lasts three weeks. Thanks all for the wonderful tip!

Quick Reply: Meguire's tire gel