Help me place an order..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 03:49 AM
BPJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me place an order..

Hi all,

Getting into detailing I would like to place my first order, but

don't know which combination's to order with which..

I've read the Sticky, and a bunch of other thread.

I know I will be ordering the PC 7424XP, but

My Truck has light, medium swirl marks, maybe 1 scratch, and ungodly water spots on the hood, and roof... I've tried Clay Bar, Hand Polish.. I was told today to try some Meguiars #7 to remove them.

I can't decide which products to go with it....

Wolfgang, Meguiars , Poorboy, Pinnacle, etc....

I will be needing: Car Wash, and Detailing Products to give my truck pain the rich deep look. It's a Stone Green Color, not real dark, nor light.

If someone could direct me into a Decent Shopping Cart it would help lots..

Thanks,

BPJ

Old 08-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by BPJ
Hi all,

Getting into detailing I would like to place my first order, but

don't know which combination's to order with which..

I've read the Sticky, and a bunch of other thread.

I know I will be ordering the PC 7424XP, but

My Truck has light, medium swirl marks, maybe 1 scratch, and ungodly water spots on the hood, and roof... I've tried Clay Bar, Hand Polish.. I was told today to try some Meguiars #7 to remove them.

I can't decide which products to go with it....

Wolfgang, Meguiars , Poorboy, Pinnacle, etc....

I will be needing: Car Wash, and Detailing Products to give my truck pain the rich deep look. It's a Stone Green Color, not real dark, nor light.

If someone could direct me into a Decent Shopping Cart it would help lots..

Thanks,

BPJ
Take your pick of the four that you mentioned I have only used Meg's and Poorboy's products so I cant comment much on the other two but I have heard they are good. You will get quite a few varying opinions because all of these products are personal preference and what works for that person might not work for you. The only way to find out is buy a few products and try them and find out what you like and gets the results that you are looking for. The Meg's #7 is not a polish and wont remove the scratches it will only hide them because it is a glaze and has no correction ability. Here is what I have seen recomened in two product lines and make sure that you get lots of Micro Fiber towels of a good quality as well as some lambs wool wash mits and grit guards. Here are my recomendations.

Poorboy's

Pro Polish
SSR1
SSR2
SSR3

Meg's
Gold Class car wash (Can be purchased locally at Wal Mart or auto stores)
Meg's Blue clay
#34 Detailing spray (Used for claying and touch ups after washes buy this buy the gallon with an extra bottle you will use lots claying.)
Hyperdressing
APC+
NXT 2.0 Synthetic wax (Can purchased locally)
Meg's #26 Carnuba wax (Can purchased locally)

Lake Country pads

1- 5.5in Orange CCS cutting pad
2- 5.5in White CCS
2- 5.5in Green CCS Heavy polishing
1- 5.5in Black or Blue CCS Polishing Pads for glazes and waxes

Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 AM
The main 3 that can't be had at the local stores. Don't know if you have pads for the PC yet, but you'll find that here as well:

Clay:
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/c2000.html

Compound:
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/m10512.html

Finishing polish:
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/m20512.html

This keeps it simple, and will cover just about anything you want to do.

Maybe you can choose a wax here as well, I like #26 paste, and I cannot find locally.

The rest of your list (shampoo, mitts, MF towels, etc.) can be found locally. No point in paying big shipping costs for these items. Oh, and Meguiar's #7 won't remove a darn thing–its a pure glaze.

Last edited by Carlsson3; 08-08-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:05 PM
BPJ
Originally Posted by dsq3973
Take your pick of the four that you mentioned I have only used Meg's and Poorboy's products so I cant comment much on the other two but I have heard they are good. You will get quite a few varying opinions because all of these products are personal preference and what works for that person might not work for you. The only way to find out is buy a few products and try them and find out what you like and gets the results that you are looking for. The Meg's #7 is not a polish and wont remove the scratches it will only hide them because it is a glaze and has no correction ability. Here is what I have seen recomened in two product lines and make sure that you get lots of Micro Fiber towels of a good quality as well as some lambs wool wash mits and grit guards. Here are my recomendations.

Poorboy's

Pro Polish
SSR1
SSR2
SSR3

Meg's
Gold Class car wash (Can be purchased locally at Wal Mart or auto stores)
Meg's Blue clay
#34 Detailing spray (Used for claying and touch ups after washes buy this buy the gallon with an extra bottle you will use lots claying.)
Hyperdressing
APC+
NXT 2.0 Synthetic wax (Can purchased locally)
Meg's #26 Carnuba wax (Can purchased locally)

Lake Country pads

1- 5.5in Orange CCS cutting pad
2- 5.5in White CCS
2- 5.5in Green CCS Heavy polishing
1- 5.5in Black or Blue CCS Polishing Pads for glazes and waxes
Is there a combination to apply these in? Also will they remove swirls?
Sorry for the newbie questions. What about the Meg's Swirl X Remover, and Scratch X?

Last edited by BPJ; 08-08-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by BPJ
Is there a combination to apply these in? Also will they remove swirls?
Sorry for the newbie questions. What about the Meg's Swirl X Remover, and Scratch X?
Scratch X and Swirl X are ok but you may need something with a little more umph behind it like #80, #105, or #205. Here are the order that you use the polishes in that I mentioned in my previous post. The abrasive polishes will remove the scratches depending on how deep they are as well as pad and product choice.There is not one cure all combo that will work for all the problems in your paint or on some one elses car and it open to personal preference and how much time you want to put in and the results you want to get and like. Sorry for the long rambling post.

PoorBoy's

SSR3
SSR2
SSR1
Pro Polish

Meg's
#80 (Is pretty much a one step product but you can follow it up with something else like #205.)
#105 then followed by #205

You want to use the least agressive approach to solve the problems that you have in your paint so dont automaticly reach for the most agressive pad and polish you can find because you could cause more problems than you solve.

Last edited by dsq3973; 08-08-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
BPJ
Scratch X and Swirl X are ok but you may need something with a little more umph behind it like #80, #105, or #205. Here are the order that you use the polishes in that I mentioned in my previous post. The abrasive polishes will remove the scratches depending on how deep they are as well as pad and product choice.There is not one cure all combo that will work for all the problems in your paint or on some one elses car and it open to personal preference and how much time you want to put in and the results you want to get and like. Sorry for the long rambling post.

PoorBoy's

SSR3
SSR2
SSR1
Pro Polish

Meg's
#80 (Is pretty much a one step product but you can follow it up with something else like #205.)
#105 then followed by #205

You want to use the least agressive approach to solve the problems that you have in your paint so dont automaticly reach for the most agressive pad and polish you can find because you could cause more problems than you solve.
Here's the Products in the Cart as of right now.

Porter Cable w/:
Porter Cable 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher
Porter Cable 7424XP Wrench
Porter Cable 7424XP Counter Weight
Dual Action 5 Inch Flexible Hook & Loop Backing Plate
2 CCS White 6.5 inch Polishing Foam Pads
1 CCS Gray 6.5 Inch Finishing Foam Pads
1 CCS Blue 6.5 Inch Finessing Foam Pad
2 Cobra White Microfiber Polishing Cloths (16 x 16 inches)
12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Foam Pad Cleaner
12 oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Foam Pad Conditioner
3.5 inch Dual Action Flexible Backing Plate
4 Lake Country 4 inch Orange Light Cutting Pads

Microfiber: '' The Bone, ''SheepSkin Mitt''.

Pinnacle: Advanced Swirl Remover, Advanced Finishing Polish.

Still confused on which to go on. The Poorboy's, or Pinnacle.

I'm not to good at telling how bad the swirl marks are on my truck. So i'm to do Girlfriends car first.

The different Poorboy's have me confused. With the 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3. I wouldn't know which one to use.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:53 PM
If your going to go with Megs products and your going to purchase 102 & 205 why get #80? you don't need it, 205 pretty much takes it place. I'm going to say grab you some Medium Duty (blue) Megs clay, 105, 205 & your choice of wax even though I have a thing for NXT 2.0

Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I've used most of these products occasionally over the years............
and I'll try one just to see if anything has changed...they don't change...

I KEEP going back to ZAINO PRODUCTS.......
If you do some research you'll see that they are incredible and last THE LONGEST..........NOTHING comes close.
Now, you will have their "detractors", ussually because ZAINO is not cheap compared to every other product out there.......
but you cannot beat a POLYMER!

http://www.zainostore.com/

Old 08-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by pmason718
If your going to go with Megs products and your going to purchase 102 & 205 why get #80? you don't need it, 205 pretty much takes it place. I'm going to say grab you some Medium Duty (blue) Megs clay, 105, 205 & your choice of wax even though I have a thing for NXT 2.0
I was suggesting #80 because its pretty easy to use for a first timer and its not bad to have a few polishes in your stash. I have the SSR's, 105, 205, and #80 I have not used all of them yet but I am sure that there is a time that I will need somerd combo to get the job done. You use the Poorboy SSR's in decending order to step down from most agressive SSR3 down to SSR1 and then to Pro Polish.

Last edited by dsq3973; 08-09-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added info
Old 08-09-2009, 12:41 PM
BPJ
I was suggesting #80 because its pretty easy to use for a first timer and its not bad to have a few polishes in your stash. I have the SSR's, 105, 205, and #80 I have not used all of them yet but I am sure that there is a time that I will need somerd combo to get the job done. You use the Poorboy SSR's in decending order to step down from most agressive SSR3 down to SSR1 and then to Pro Polish.
So, what your saying is. Do the whole truck in each of those polishes? Then Finish up with the Pro Polish? What about Sealant, I even put a order in for the Blackhole Stuff PB makes? Ever tried it? :santa:

Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by BPJ
So, what your saying is. Do the whole truck in each of those polishes? Then Finish up with the Pro Polish? What about Sealant, I even put a order in for the Blackhole Stuff PB makes? Ever tried it? :santa:
Sorry it took me so long to reply I have been out of town for work and my laptop took a dump on me. You use the least aggresive method to get the job done and it will take some trial and error with different product and pad combos to get your results to where you are happy with them. I have PB Black Hole and I love the stuff just make sure you arent hungry while using it because it smells like grape soda. I normally do my truck with one polish and move on to the next after I am satisfied with the results and yes you work down to the final polish what ever it might be that you chose to use.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Your going to get different answers from everyone, there is thousands ways and products to achieve the same results. One thing I will say BPJ on your list of pads you need orange pads. Also an exellent over the counter product is Ultimate Compound, its my go to product a lot. Dont let the name fool you, it finishes up like a good polish.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 AM
You're probably going to want more white, gray, & blue pads right away. I eneded up needing a lot more pads than I thought I would. With trucks having as much paint as ours do they will often become overloaded with polish. I can rarely get all the way around my vehicle without needing a pad change. My first order had 6 pads and was buying 12 more in short order.

Polish choice is totally personal choice and there's tons of combos.
Just pick a polish or two, a glaze, a sealant, and a good wax and you should be generaly golden.

My current "personal" prefference on my own truck (since it's also green)
Meg's 105
Meg's 205
Meg's 7
Meg's 20 (not 21)
Poorboy's Nattys Red or Meg's 16

Quick Reply: Help me place an order..