Tire shine recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire shine recommendations

Anyone know of a tire shine dressing that actually dries? The shine dressing I've used for a long time doesn't actually dry, it just firms up and holds on the tire. It looks really good and gives the tire a wet look mainly because it is wet, but I'm just curious if anyone knows of something else. I'm having a hell of a time with brake dust sticking to it. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:22 PM
esf
Clean good with a stiff bristled brush and an APC. Then use Meguiars Hyperdressing diluted 4:1 for a matte look, 1:1 for a shiney look or anything in between for an inbetween look. Repeat at every wash. My back up dressing is Stoner's More Shine which can be purchased over the counter unlike HD.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Meguires in a bottle that is purple. Cannot remember the name of it.

Put on a coat on all fours then a second coat and allow to dry.

High gloss and looks tough as hell.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Stoner also makes a product called Trim Shine that is made for the plastics on the vehicle. I use it on my tires as it gives a clean dark black look w/o the gloss and shine. The More Shine and Trim Shine can be bought at O'Reillys.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 PM
P.S., sharp truck! You would think Ford could figure out the brake dust problem. I have a friend that bought a brand new 08 F-150 and then went out and bought new brake pads for it from Car Quest. He said they were only $80 which I know I have spent that in cleaning products. But still, I hate replacing brake pads that are still good

Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiled
Meguires in a bottle that is purple. Cannot remember the name of it.

Put on a coat on all fours then a second coat and allow to dry.

High gloss and looks tough as hell.
I want to say that is Meguair's Endurance Tire Gel. I'm almost positive.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey SF, see my post titled, "Another Hyper Dressing Believer". I won't ever use anything else. Can't believe it took me all these years to learn about it. Makes no since that they don't sell it locally..... except maybe it would be "too good of a value though" since you can dlute it down so much. I hate it when places would rather screw you harder, than to give you the very best choices

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Hey guys thanks for all the responses. I've never had brake dust like this before that's why I haven't noticed it sticking to the tires or noticed that the Meguires tire shine I'm using isn't actually drying fully. It's been sitting for almost 36 hrs. and it's still has a greasy feel. Well anyways I'm gonna get some of the Hyperdressing and try it out. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Tire shine recommendations