Frozen Power Window Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Frozen Power Window Help

Hey Fellas,

Anyone got a good trick to keep my power windows from freezing when it goes below 30F? Every morning I have to run a credit card along the lower seal to break it away from the glass... there has to be a good solution.. I just dont know what it is. I was thinking maybe Rain-X or some type of wax... silicone or greese would streak the windows..

Thanks..

Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by dabonecrusher
Hey Fellas,

Anyone got a good trick to keep my power windows from freezing when it goes below 30F? Every morning I have to run a credit card along the lower seal to break it away from the glass... there has to be a good solution.. I just dont know what it is. I was thinking maybe Rain-X or some type of wax... silicone or greese would streak the windows..

Thanks..
I dont really have a good solution for you but on the hand I dont have any problem unless we get rain and then it freezes. If that is the case there really isnt much you can do unless you can put it in a garage.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
No way to stop it really except keep the area dry so it can't freeze. Cover it up with something?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I live in Missouri and it does do that freezing rain crap here-I have the AVS ventshades on my screw the tape on style and I leave my front windows open bout an 1/8 of an inch so it doesnt freeze up. I just had to have my pass side fixed late last year b/c the glued on clips holding it to the regulator came undone.In 07 the same side did the same thing but I was able to work on it w/ my dad b/c it didnt break all the clips in 08 it did but luckily my buds dad works for a auto glass shop and he fixed it free!!

Quick Reply: Frozen Power Window Help