Truck got stolen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck got stolen!!!

So I'll start off by saying that I've missed being one here-- I've been really busy with this whole college thing... (BTW-- anyone in the Seattle area?)

But I'll get on to the story:

Wednesday... I drive off to NAVSTA Everett to get a new ID... everything fine, I return at 1500 or so... Parked in my assigned parking lot under one of the dorms here at the UW. Note that this is a parking garage. No cameras, of course. The same one that I got the window broken out of...Earlier Wednesday I packed my truck with somewhere between $2-4 thousand worth of stuff to put into a storage facility. This included ALL of my detailing stuff, my uniforms, my winter clothes, my bike rack, bike tools, truck tools, other tools, Fire Dept stuff, EMS stuff, Police equipment, etc...

Thursday: I didnt use my truck for anything, so I didn't go down there.

Friday: I went down early in the morning to take my dress uniform down to get inspected before our unit inspection. As I am pulling out my keys, I notice that the space that I have parked in for 5 weeks is now empty. I have the only key to it in all of the Pacific Northwest. No broken glass, nothing... I called the Police, got a report filed, called the Insurance, got a file going, and am now pissed at the university... No cameras, no security... 2x in the short amount of time I've been here.. I'm asking them for at MINIMUM my parking sticker to be reimbursed ($870)...

Needless to say, I'm a bit pissed... KBB says my truck is worth between $3-4 thousand since it was an 03, but all of my friends say it is worth drastically more given the milage, condition, and overall quality... Shoot, I've had a $5k offer for cash... (shoulda taken that one...)

So, for a significant time, I will probably not be on here. Its really hard to convince myself to get online now that I have neither the vehicle nor the detailing supplies to speak of.... (I just got in an ADS order, too... )

So anywho, if you dont see me for a few months, that would be a good reason why...

One the bright side, I am senior crew on a Navy 44' racing yacht... Every saturday morning, you can bet that I'm on the Puget Sound sailing, which calms my nerves infinitely...

Well, I guess for the time being, should anyone need any help/questions answered/etc, feel free to email me at navyguy@swbell.net

Thanks guys.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Suspended
Man, really sorry to hear that. Is the insurance co gonna cover all the stuff you had inside the truck as well? I hate damn thieves. BTW, you have the most expensive parking sticker ever.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Crappy dude, real crappy. I hope you get some good news from the cops, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

- NCSU

Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Sorry to hear you truck got stolen. I hope it gets found and returned to you quickly.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:09 PM
That just horrible, good luck with everything.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

my truck just got broken into they stole my screen, expensive sun glasses, and phone...tried to steal my subs too..they ruined my door in the process and my dash is f*cked up...

Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry to hear it man. The two kinds of people that I really hate are liars and thieves. I hope you get your truck back in one piece...

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
seems like everyone is getting their truck broken or stolen. My window was broken while I was in college and they ripped out my pioneer. I thought no one would want to steal a radio that's only worth $100. Now I always detach the face. They fed up the keyhole too, dumb burglars and today i was driving and saw another 07 f150 with the keyhole messed up.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So sorry to hear that man. That really sucks.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy cow, Ryan. I'm so sorry to hear that!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That is a complete shame! I hope the insurance company takes care of you.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear that. Please keep up posted on the outcome

Old 10-22-2008, 01:23 AM
UPDATE:

So far, nothing. However, thank you all for the kind words-- they are truly appreciated.

Unfortunately, I have managed to find more trouble... My ID may well be stolen. I'd rather not put intricate details online, but I will say that there was a significant amount of my information in the truck-- I was about to get a new ID card for the DoD so my file was in there... Including a few VERY sensitive forms/papers...I found this at about 1:00AM pacific time today... By the close of business today, I had the credit bureaus put a freeze on my stuff, account #s changed, and credit card companies notified... So, on the bright side, I have done everything I can to hold up my part...

On the one hand, this is a lot of **** to catch for a 19 year old... On the other hand, this means I should be better prepared for life later on-- I mean, with all the ramifications of this, I have had to deal with a lot, but it *should* make stuff easier in the future...

Anywho, its time to study for my Chem 142 midterm...

On another note, the presumable cash we will get pending my truck is not found will go into a CD or some other high yield account until next summer most likely... Although it could end up staying there for 2-3 years.... I dont really need a car here per say (its definitely convenient), but if all that $ is in a high yield account, I can make up for some of the loss... Yay for interest!!!! Aside from that, pending its allowed by the insurance company, I am seriously considering getting a car rather than a truck... I love trucks, but depending on where my next assignment is, it may be more reasonable to have a car rather than a truck... We'll see. No worries-- I'll keep everyone posted on everything.

oh-- yeah, insurance *should* cover the contents-- but I have to put together a list of the contents of the truck. Unfortunately, they will prolly not believe everything I say. I mean, who (outside of TX) keeps a huge tool set, a bike tool set, and a ****-ton of other stuff? Answer: Me.

Anywho, I cant remember what I did and didn't say, so I'm going to shut up... Good night all!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sucks man, real sorry to hear that. Got my best wishes.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by blackf150337
my truck just got broken into they stole my screen, expensive sun glasses, and phone...tried to steal my subs too..they ruined my door in the process and my dash is f*cked up...
thats exactly why i want to get rid of my screen. my apartment complex is the nicest on campus and we have had *** holes screwing up cars multiple times this year and the apartment wont add cameras to the back side where i am forced to park. they said they would tow me if i parked anywhere else in the apartment complex.

Quick Reply: Truck got stolen!!!