Which products from the Megs Detailers Line are you using

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which products from the Megs Detailers Line are you using

Im thinking about purchasing wheel brightner and last touch spray. How would you guys say that the Last Touch Spray compares to Quik Detailer. Im looking to purchase in bulk (hopefully last longer). Im trying to get feedback on some of the products.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Wheel Brightener is great for negelcted factory wheels. I haven't bought Last Touch simply because I hardly ever use a QD. Easier and safer for me to wash.

As for what Detailer Line products I have and use:
  • Glass Cleaner Concentrate
  • Wheel Brightener
  • All Purpose Cleaner
  • All Purpose Cleaner Plus
  • Water Based Dressing
  • Hyper Dressing
  • All Season Dressing
  • Body Solvent
  • X-Press Wax
  • Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
  • Super Degreaser
and soon Paint Reconditioning Cream.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I use my QD after my wash. I think Im going to try wheel brightner and Last touch. My wheels are not bad off or neglected but I figured that I can save money buying it by the gallon instead of running to autozone and purchasing all wheel cleaner.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I have and use APC+, HD, wheel brightner,Last touch. Like them all. last touch is a great lube for clay.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:27 PM
I guess what I am asking is, would you guys say that last touch is better than quik detailer and is wheel brightner better than megs consumer wheel cleaner. I want to buy in bulk but if the consumer line is better in this case than I will stick to it but I would love to save some money if the product's are good.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Suspended
Use #34, Final Inspection.

Why do you want something for the wheels? Just use soap and water. It's much safer than anything else out there.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Wheel brightner works better than the consumer stuff because you can cange the dilution ratio. I go a little heavier than the recommendation and I think it works great. Last touch is going to be cheaper than quick detailer if you buy in bulk, a gallon would last a very long time.

I also use super soap and LOVE IT.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Personally, I wouldn't use Wheel Brightener every wash. Only if there is stuff caked on there. The recommened dilution is 4:1 which is still really strong. If you want to use every wash, I'd try diluting it to about 10:1. Soap and water works great and it is safe for all wheels.

Also, a tip to keep the sprayer going: after you use WB, run plain water through the sprayer. WB is so strong it will eventually cause even the chemical resistant sprayers to fail if that stuff isn't cleaned out of there.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:26 AM
I use wheel brightener 1 time a month or so..when i reapply a wheel sealant to my wheels...in between that just a separate bucket with the correct dilution that you would use for your paint to not strip the wax on the wheels...waxing/sealing them will make it much easier to clean and soap and water will do beautifully

Old 06-16-2008, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by roushstage2

Also, a tip to keep the sprayer going: after you use WB, run plain water through the sprayer. WB is so strong it will eventually cause even the chemical resistant sprayers to fail if that stuff isn't cleaned out of there.

I second that!!

I already had a chemical head sprayer go out on me due to wheel brightener. It's good stuff but it is very strong I wouldn't recommend using it every time just if the wheels are really cake up with grime.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Suspended
Products and thoughts:

Hyperdressing-great product, high gloss or satin finish. Can be used on pretty much anything from tires to computer cords.
All purpose cleaner- great carpet cleaner fluid
APC+-works great with engine details and a lethal combo with HD
Safe D-greaser- WAS wonderful on engines, if you can find some, snag it
Body Solvent- works good on tar and smells wonderful, but I dont use it often
Chemical sprayer- awesome, just awesome
High Volume sprayer- see above
MDSPOUT-makes pouring so much easier

Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Use #34, Final Inspection.

Why do you want something for the wheels? Just use soap and water. It's much safer than anything else out there.
Agreed. #34 is amazing.
So is Hyper Dressing..

And for the wheels.. really and truely all you need is soap and water, and the occasional application of NXT 2.0 or another sealant.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
I bought a gallon of Last Touch and X-Press Wax about 4 years ago but never really used them much. I just used number #34 for the first time last week after reading one of Thumper's posts and I LOVE it. I used it on half of the truck and my Tropi-Care on the other half and there is no comparison. I was really surprised because I love my Tropi-Care and never thought I would never find a QD that I like better. The #34 just leaves such a slick surface and is so easy to remove. I got a little carried away the last time I was in the local Megs dealer so I currently have APC, HD, Wheel Brightener, and Body Solvent (I haven't used this, but the gallon looks great on the shelf with the other 5).

Old 06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by AsheFX4
I just used number #34 for the first time last week after reading one of Thumper's posts and I LOVE it.
Boy I guess i should try this whole #34 thing out.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Well you have more experience with different brands than myself, but between #34, UQD, and Tropi-Care the #34 is my favorite. I'm still trying to use up all of my current supplies so that I can justify ordering from Poorboy's.

Quick Reply: Which products from the Megs Detailers Line are you using