A crying shame.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go to the local coin-op when my truck is real dirty. I use it to knock the dirt off and clean the wheel wells before I use ONR. I would never use that brush though.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Sleestak
I go to the local coin-op when my truck is real dirty.
While I have a pressure washer, I find it easier to swing by my local coin-op and drop a couple of bucks on pressurized water before I go home to wash mine -- I do this SEVERAL times per year but, again, it's only pressurized water.

During the winter, again, I'm a coin-op regular but, I bring my own two buckets and it's still only the water that I'm using...

-RP-

Old 06-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have a plastic milk container full of my supplies. I take it, 2 buckets, several MF towels and about $6 in quarters to the local car wash. I fill the buckets with the soft "spot free" water plus my soap in one of the buckets. I power rinse the vehicle to knock off as much of the dirt as possible. I then wash it with the two buckets, and rinse. I scrub the tires and wheels, rinse them. I use the spot free rinse over the whole vehicle. I then wipe it dry and use the window cleaner, wheel wax, quick wax, and tire shine. I wipe down under the hood. I then vac the interior and wipe down dash, etc. I clean the inside of the windows. If it's needed, I apply the Bondo Restore Black to the bed rails. I then stand back and cuss the fading door handles, and give the finger to the people at the next door Sonic that have been laughing at all the things I have been doing.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing wrong with using a coin op, if you are smart.

something to remember, if you bring your own buckets.. use the rinse water and your own soap to fill the buckets.. a good majority of the coin op washes recycle their wash water, and you don't want to use that recycled water with a wash mitt.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
i heard a comercial this morning that said:

"you are a real texan if you think oklahoma is a small city north of texas"

Quick Reply: A crying shame.