Door Panel Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Panel Restoration

I have some donor door panels from the jyard to accompany my power window regulators. I decided that it was finally time to clean them.

I first tried to clean them with APC+ diluted at 4:1 when I got them. It didn't work so well.

SO, I decided I would try Murphy's Oil. I tried it full strength on an inconspicuous area, and it turned out great.

Time for a bucket and some water.

Ended up using about 1/3 of the bottle with 3 gallons. Kinda strong, but it worked well.

There's still some areas on the arm pads that need to be cleaned up more, but I figure I'll either replace them or get some "travel pads" to go over the top.

The passenger side is busted up a bit by the pillar. I figure some epoxy and home brew fiberglass and a good painter will cure what ails me.

-Tony

Old 05-12-2008, 09:36 PM
you tried SG yet?

Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by abervintageman4
you tried SG yet?
I think APC+ works better than SG personally. But no, I haven't. There's little black spots on the crevices of the arm pads. I probably just need to spend a bit more time on them.

I feel like I accomplished something today, so that's a start.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:01 PM
if i were in your situation i would use that new interior paint, i think duplicolor makes it, someone on here did their whole interior using it and it turned out great

Quick Reply: Door Panel Restoration