cigar ashed on my truck...help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cigar ashed on my truck...help!!!!!!

we were on a little road trip from NAU to U of A. there was a huge traffic jam because there was a car on fire ahead so we were all dead stopped on I-10 in AZ. so me and three of my drunk buddies ( i was the sober DD) decided to get out and have a cigar. were smoking and having a good time and relaxin on the side of the freeway. then the traffic starts moving and we all put out our cigars and hop in etc... we get to our destination and i get out and see two big brown ash stains on my truck (white truck). instantly i knew one of them put out there cigar on the car. i freaked out and now i have two big burn marks on the side of my truck. i am pretty sure he burned through the clear coat...

so the main reason for posting this is there ANY way i can get this burn out or anything to make this go away. i cant get any pics cause my camera is broken. any hints will help!!! please!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:06 PM
aw man... that sucks.. im sorry to hear that... if someone did that to my car i'd chop his head off (probly not tho... i only hav a baseball bat in my car )

Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 PM
i didnt quite chop his head off but he definitely knows he messed up...

Old 03-31-2008, 11:23 PM
pictures?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 PM
my camera is not workin and i am not very smart when it comes to computers so even if i did have a pic i would not know how to post it...sorry

Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by D's984x4
my camera is not workin and i am not very smart when it comes to computers so even if i did have a pic i would not know how to post it...sorry
IMPO I really doubt that putting out a cigar on your paint went through the clear, unless the person held the cigar there for several min. Granted you have a 98 and you polished the clear 200 times....again i doubt it went through and rather its really stained.

can you feel the mark? Does it have a dimple for the rest of the surface around it?

Honestly without photos of the mark it will be virtually impossible for any of us, including the elders to give you an accurate diganosis and plan on how to fix it.

If you really think its through the clear, how do you feel about getting it wetsanded and fixed? B/C sight unseen, that is the only option.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:04 AM
you cant really feel the mark at all. i asked my buddy about it who is a paint/body guy and he said it might be the clear coat. but i will try to take a picture with my phone or borrow a phone or something. ill post it tomorrow when i can

Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by D's984x4
you cant really feel the mark at all. i asked my buddy about it who is a paint/body guy and he said it might be the clear coat. but i will try to take a picture with my phone or borrow a phone or something. ill post it tomorrow when i can
If you can't feel it at all it's not through the clear. Try feeling it with your finger nail, if i still can't feel it then its definatly not through the clear. With this being said try some scratch-x or something.

I'm not a pro when comes to this, but if its only a stain it shouldn't be too bad to get rid of!

Quick Reply: cigar ashed on my truck...help!!!!!!