Second coat of Liquid Glass

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Second coat of Liquid Glass

My friend/detailer came by yesterday evening to detail my truck again.I asked him to,so he could apply another coat of LG.For $40 plus a $10 tip,he washed my truck with Meguiars Gold wash,waxed it with LG,did the wheel wells,tires,used Bar Keepers Friend on the windshield,and then Stoners IG on all the exterior windows.I did the interior.Anyway,for $25 he will do all of the above,less the LG part,and the interior too,in the future!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have a picture of it cleaned? thats sounds awesome

Old 05-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I use to use that loved it, switched to some other combo and next wash Im stripping and going back

Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Liquid Glass isnt a wax, its a polish/finish. You might want to put a coat of wax after that. It will help protect your paint and keep your shine longer.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Here's my former truck Liquid Glassed:

Old 05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by emig5m
Here's my former truck Liquid Glassed:

Man... that's still one of my favorite photos of a truck ever....

Blue-- for $40, thats a heck of a deal!!!

Rednoved-- LG is a synthetic-type wax, and it DOES offer protection. Learn about what you're talking about before you speak.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03

Rednoved-- LG is a synthetic-type wax, and it DOES offer protection. Learn about what you're talking about before you speak.
Is LG really expensive or something? $40 sounds like a good deal, but not like insanely good, or am I missing something (to me it seems like you can go down to the local car wash and get your car washed and waxed for $40 too?)

Old 05-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
Is LG really expensive or something? $40 sounds like a good deal, but not like insanely good, or am I missing something (to me it seems like you can go down to the local car wash and get your car washed and waxed for $40 too?)
The $40 was just a second coat of LG.In about 3-5 weeks he is going to do a full detail again,from Dawn to LG,for about $80-$100!

Old 05-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by f-150sport03

f150sport03... I think he called it a Polish/Finish, as that's what the manufacturer calls it.

I would call it a Acrylic coating (similar to Klasse) with some light polishers/cleaners in it. IMHO, because of the light polishes/cleaners (or whatever) in the product, layering is not that beneficial for additional protection. Although, additional coats of the product do change the look of the finish... more than likely because of the polishes.

All in all, LG is a pretty decent product with good durability. However, some folks don't care for the "Acrylic" look.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by andrewc_11890
A house call for 40.00 is a great deal, no matter what industry or trade is involved. A house call that you are happy about is priceless.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by wilzol
A house call for 40.00 is a great deal, no matter what industry or trade is involved. A house call that you are happy about is priceless.
gotcha

Old 05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Boss_429
f150sport03... I think he called it a Polish/Finish, as that's what the manufacturer calls it.

I would call it a Acrylic coating (similar to Klasse) with some light polishers/cleaners in it. IMHO, because of the light polishes/cleaners (or whatever) in the product, layering is not that beneficial for additional protection. Although, additional coats of the product do change the look of the finish... more than likely because of the polishes.

All in all, LG is a pretty decent product with good durability. However, some folks don't care for the "Acrylic" look.
Hmmm... Maybe I should quit this late-night posting (I know, I say this almost every week because I say something stupid...)

anyway, I went on the LG site before I posted, and I saw the finish/polish thing, but since it does offer protection, I jumped the gun: (see below)

He said it wasnt a wax (agreed there), and that it didnt offer protection... I guess the "no protection: part stuck out in my mind when I posted...

In any case, I think LG has its place on certain cars... One of these days I am going to pick up a bottle of it and use it on someone else's car to play with...

Annybody know what it looks like on silver? Here at work, pictures are almost all filtered out...

Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
LG has the best durability out of anything I've ever used. Three washes with Dawn and it still would bead better then NXT does with a fresh coat. You almost can't get it off, lol. My can of LG says to use fine steel wool for removel, lol. Meg's says NXT beads water relentlessly, heh, you haven't seen relentless beading until you seen water bead on LG. Too bad it doesn't seem to do jack for hiding/removing swirls. The pic above was from a truck that was brand new (only had a little over 1000 miles on it when the pic was taken) so just one coat with LG and it was good to go.

I'd definitely have to order some #83 and a cut pad for my PC if I wanted to go back to LG since my truck I have now I got used with plenty of swirls from improper washing that LG just wouldn't cover up like NXT/AutoGlym does. I don't know how that "Acrylic" look would look on my red, but I thought it looked surreal almost like the terminator 2 liquid metal on the Sonic Blue, lol. I don't really have a favorite look, I have from LG to #26 in my collection and they're both just about the opposite of each other, I like to switch it up sometimes and just go with a completely different look. But I don't know how I would beat this on my red though:

That's all 100% done by hand.... Just look at the deep shine, seems like you can just reach in and grab something...heh...I can tell you guys got the drool hangin' from the chin...hehe. That's AutoGlym Super Resin Polish+NXT with a UQD final wipe down. What swirls? Ya, they're there, underneath all the cover up, I've just become a master at hiding them by hand, heh. Gotta order some #83 and just get rid of them.... should 83 be followed up by something a little less aggressive like #80? Think I'll order 80, 83 and all the pads- cut, polish, and finish just to make sure I have all the angles covered, heh. I already have #7 and #9 and they're about as worthless as ScratchX on my swirls, lol.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
This is a pic of my truck after the first application of LG!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
newbie here: whats LG?
and sorry for stealing your thread but:
i have a red truck, less than 6 months old and want it to shine for the summer, any suggestions?

this is what it looked like after 2 months

Quick Reply: Second coat of Liquid Glass