Not sure what to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what to buy?

So i was lookin at the DA packages on http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...20Specials.htm
and couldnt decide on which packages to get, cuz i think i wanna get the Poorboys stuff, i dont know why but i do, and the cheaper packages just dont seem as good a deal? idk maybe if there is some other packages somewhere online anyone knows about?
thanks
Alex

Old 02-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by bassmanalex02
So i was lookin at the DA packages on http://www.autodetailingsolutions.co...20Specials.htm
and couldnt decide on which packages to get, cuz i think i wanna get the Poorboys stuff, i dont know why but i do, and the cheaper packages just dont seem as good a deal? idk maybe if there is some other packages somewhere online anyone knows about?
thanks
Alex
Packages with a DA or without?

Net is, you cannot go wrong with Megs or Pooboys products.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I ordered the number 1. Just the DA from ADS was quoted to me at 130$ plus shipping. I wanted the duffle bag so I went ahead with it. Rick will let you substitute items as well, so if you find something else you like he should let you trade.

For instance, I'm getting a flex plate instead of the standard Meg's plate, and a Lake CCS pad instead of the Meg's pad. My substitutes happened to be cheaper than what comes with it, but that's ok with me. An extra towel never hurts either.

Edit: You can also find the PC 7424 (same thing basically as the G100) on ebay. You should find them around 96$ + shipping. However, the G100 comes with a lifetime warranty.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like RR mentioned, there are a boatload of good products out there from a plethora of manufacturers. If you're wanting to go the G-110 route (it's no longer the G-100 but, I think Rick may still have some G-100 units if you want the older machine - which is what I'd do but, that's just a commentary), go with the alacarte set up so that you go ahead and have the backing plate and such. Most all of the deals that you'll find online - including ebay - will not include a backing plate. The plate is around $20 so, keep that in your equation. Plus, factor in that the G-110 or G-100 has the lifetime warranty (which, to some, that's worth something).

My suggestion is to either go Alacarte with ADS or go with package #2 and substitue the #4 for #80 Speed Glaze. Again, both Meguiar's and Poorboy's make good products but, like anyone that has really used several brands, I'll tell you that there are great products and that there are lousy products within EVERY product brand-line out there. There's no absolute when it comes to this game.

That said, I'd encourage you to experiment with a few different brands, types of products, and other tweakable factors. From there, you'll find what you like the best and what products seem to yield the results that *you* demand.

All of us that do this either as a living or as a sideline will tell you about our opinions on products but, the absoulte end user (ie: you) must make the decision. The joy of having options! ... and trust me, there are a BOATLOAD of options out there.

Enjoy and let us know if you have questions.

Last edited by Rockpick; 02-04-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
If you're wanting to go the G-110 route (it's no longer the G-100 but, I think Rick may still have some G-100 units if you want the older machine - which is what I'd do but, that's just a commentary)
As of last Friday he did have some G100's left. I think he's trying to get rid of them. Might be a good time to get a good deal. Send him an e-mail and show some interest.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Suspended
Just remember if you go down this road, you'll be spending lots of money and time.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:30 PM
If i had it to do all over again i would get the FLEX DA but that is just another opinion...also something to keep in mind...on the ADS website it says the G110 only has a 1 year warranty..if that is the case i wouldnt get it but that is just me..i have the G100 because of the lifetime warranty, and if i ever want to switch machines, like to the flex, i will always have the G100 in operation if i need it...just my .02

Old 02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't think a flex should be a person's first "DA"

I have two DA's (well three really) and I do want and will get a Flex this year, I am not in a big hurry for it b/c of what I have learned and can to do with a DA.

Not to mention, if a person does run out to get a Flex and pays near the 300.00 for which they cost...only to find out this detailing thing is damn hard work, well then they wasted a lot of money.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
As of last Friday he did have some G100's left. I think he's trying to get rid of them. Might be a good time to get a good deal. Send him an e-mail and show some interest.
whos Rick and whats his email? thanks

Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
whos Rick and whats his email? thanks
Rick owns ADS and his email is on the ADS website...

Old 02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=RockPick]

My suggestion is to either go Alacarte with ADS or go with package #2 and substitue the #4 for #80 Speed Glaze. Again, both Meguiar's and Poorboy's make good products but, like anyone that has really used several brands, I'll tell you that there are great products and that there are lousy products within EVERY product brand-line out there. QUOTE]

So the Speed Glaze thats in the packages is the #4 and i want to change it with the #80? Would he let me change all the pads with the 6 pack lake country pads mix and match deal. if so which combonation should i get?
sorry if im sounding too picky? but yeah....
thanks
Alex

Old 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
So the Speed Glaze thats in the packages is the #4 and i want to change it with the #80? Would he let me change all the pads with the 6 pack lake country pads mix and match deal. if so which combonation should i get?
thanks
Alex
Alex, Rick is VERY flexible about changing things out for you in an order...

Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I don't think a flex should be a person's first "DA"

I have two DA's (well three really) and I do want and will get a Flex this year, I am not in a big hurry for it b/c of what I have learned and can to do with a DA.

Not to mention, if a person does run out to get a Flex and pays near the 300.00 for which they cost...only to find out this detailing thing is damn hard work, well then they wasted a lot of money.
Very true RR...that is the best advice.... i guess i kinda took the experience thing for granted....they are expensive but heard great things...the g100 is awesome with the lifetime warranty..however i am disappointed that megs didnt offer this for the g110...oh well

Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
thanks
Alex
You'll want a good mix of pads. Every pad is going to be good for different things.

White ones are good general use pad. They're good for polishes, yet can be useful with swirl removal jobs if it's not bad. You'll probably want one of every color until you figure out what you use the most and like the best. Just be careful with Yellow and Orange as these are pretty high cut pads and will more than likely haze your paint depending on the product. You will follow these with a lighter pad and a lighter product.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by attworth
You'll want a good mix of pads. Every pad is going to be good for different things.
I agree... Try to get 3 each of the 8006 & 9006 Megs pads.

Quick Reply: Not sure what to buy?