Almost too embarassed to show

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Almost too embarassed to show

alright... i've been meaning to get pictures to see what everyone thinks i should do to get my paint looking good.... thanks to the local body shop.. my paint looks like this all over. I'm super embarassed to show these cause wash my truck all the time to try and keep it nice. Any suggestions would be great.

i know you may have seen me post about zaino... but at this point... i'm open to product suggestions and pad recommendations.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's hard to tell but it looks similar to what mine looked like. If you search for a thread called 06 F150 transformation, RR gave some nice tips and tricks on how he did mine. And it turned out like my signature picture.

After you're done getting it like this, the key is to maintain it. No more cotton, no more crappy MF towels. Only good, quality stuff, or it'll look like that again very quickly.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by guitarman502
alright... i've been meaning to get pictures to see what everyone thinks i should do to get my paint looking good.... thanks to the local body shop.. my paint looks like this all over. I'm super embarassed to show these cause wash my truck all the time to try and keep it nice. Any suggestions would be great.

i know you may have seen me post about zaino... but at this point... i'm open to product suggestions and pad recommendations.
Kind of hard to tell what we are looking at. While I respect the small photos to allow more bandwidth on the server, we need some closer shots and bigger to get a feel for what you are working with.

Cheers

Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Kind of hard to tell what we are looking at. While I respect the small photos to allow more bandwidth on the server, we need some closer shots and bigger to get a feel for what you are working with.

Cheers
Or you could buy a bigger monitor!

Edit: p.s. - you should check your e-mail.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by attworth
Edit: p.s. - you should check your e-mail.
Nothing there....you sent something?

Old 01-21-2008, 01:35 AM
alright just give me a min. to upload these things... i made the images bigger

Old 01-21-2008, 01:37 AM
here are the bigger pics... hopefully...

Old 01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
It's tough to tell, as the photos are not that good. However, it sure looks like buffer swirls to me. I would take it back to the body shop, and have them buffed out by somebody who knows what they are doing. If they can't do it, take it to somebody who can.

If you don't have a machine, and know how to use it, it will be difficult for you to remove them.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Nothing there....you sent something?
Yeah I sent you some cool links the other day. Bummer.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
That is the body shop's fault and I would take it back and accept no less than perfect! Next time before you pick it up make sure to look over the truck throughly so that they can't say "oh we didn't do that you must have done that after you took it home" bs. Hopefully they will accept it and redo the detailing.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:55 PM
the problem is... its been back twice... and the only times i was able to pick it up was at night... i'll try to get some better pictures... its just all i had was my camera phone when i knew you could see the pictures the best.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:01 PM
alright... as promised... here are better (i hope) pictures of whats going on.... the first one is my front passenger fender... second is below the mirror on the passenger side door.. and the third being the bedside on the passenger side.... the driver's side isn't much better, its just i could get the best angles on the passenger side with the sun.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The good news is that it's not so far gone that it can't be fixed....

The bad news is that you're not really going to be able to solve that problem by hand and also that Z probably doesn't have an aggressive enough product in their array to deal with that level of a paint problem.

What do you have at your disposal from an equipment and product standpoint? Let's start there... maybe you won't need to buy anything.

Also, are you opposed to handing this over to a professional detailer for rotary removal? Some of that will be challenging even with a PC and a higher cut polish.

To me, it looks like they attacked it with a dry wool pad... that's pretty bad and very unacceptable.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM
well right now.. all i really have is very basic stuff (meg's gold class, scratch x) no DA... and no i am definitly not opposed to turning it over to a professional... actually thats what i'd like to do... just dont know of any reputable people.. i'm even willing to drive a ways (i live in central WV so parts of VA, TN, KY, PA, OH) are not out of the question to get this taken care of. I have really very little experience in this kind of stuff so right now i'm looking for anything.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Some of that will be challenging even with a PC and a higher cut polish.
Very challenging!

To me, it looks like they attacked it with a dry wool pad... that's pretty bad and very unacceptable.
Or a pad that hasn't been spurred in years!

Body shops like that should be put out of business... no excuse for that.

Quick Reply: Almost too embarassed to show