Where can I buy Wesley's Bleach White?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy Wesley's Bleach White?

Any Auto parts store?

We have Auto Zone, O'reily's, NAPA, and some others around my neck of the woods. Would Wal-Mart or Target have it?

Old 12-23-2007, 07:37 PM
AutoZone and Walmart have it down here in Central Fl. East Coast.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by marlin39d
Any Auto parts store?

We have Auto Zone, O'reily's, NAPA, and some others around my neck of the woods. Would Wal-Mart or Target have it?
Any of those places should carry it.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Be reminded -- Westley's is a *very* harsh caustic-based cleaner that can and will pit most uncoated (and even coated) metals after an allowance of some dwell time.

It would be the recommendation of most folks who detail and/or do this semi-professionally to think about utilizing another chemical for your tires so that you eliminate that slight risk of causing irreversible damage to metal parts.

Now that I've said that, there will be a plethora of folks that jump on my back and ride me like a pony. While folks like f150sport like people riding on him, I don't. All I'm doing is pointing out that there are better options with much less inherent risk to utilizing them...

Simple Green, for example, is MUCH less harsh, isn't caustic-based, and will yield a great end result (even at 2:1) with a nylon bristled brush and a tad of elbow grease. You'll also find the chemical to be more environmentally friendly, easier on your concrete driveway (won't etch), and looses that nasty sodium metasilicate component.

Last edited by Rockpick; 12-24-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
While folks like f150sport like people riding on him
Ok, that was funny.

I would like to add to what RP said by noticing that you are from S. OK. Since you are pretty close to me, you prob get the same "winds" we get. Another thing that Westley's will do, if wind blown it will break down and streak any wax that is on the surface already. I have done this the hard way many times and never figuied it out. That product almost mists as it is pumped from the bottle...and like APC+ is not fun to inhale.

There are other products out there that are safer to use yet yeild good as or better results.

SG already noted, very diluted APC+ would work and also 303 Cleaner.

Cheers

Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I've tried just about everything I can think of to get the white letters white again. I stored these tires for a short period and the black part of the tires rubbed off on a couple of the letters. It should be easy to clean off just using the tire cleaner at the car wash but it ain't budging. I've cleaned white letters and white walls when they were popular for years and never had any problems. Maybe it has something to do with this paticular rubber compound. The tires are Michelin Cross Terrains. Anybody else had this trouble with Michelins?

BTW I found some Wesley's @ Wal-mart...The only reason I even considered Wesley's Bleche-Wite is I did a search on here on how to clean white lettering and everybody here seems to love it. But now you got me wondering if I should even use it.

Last edited by marlin39d; 12-23-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by marlin39d
I've tried just about everything I can think of to get the white letters white again. I stored these tires for a short period and the black part of the tires rubbed off on a couple of the letters. It should be easy to clean off just using the tire cleaner at the car wash but it ain't budging. I've cleaned white letters and white walls when they were popular for years and never had any problems. Maybe it has something to do with this paticular rubber compound. The tires are Michelin Cross Terrains. Anybody else had this trouble with Michelins?

BTW I found some Wesley's @ Wal-mart...The only reason I even considered Wesley's Bleche-Wite is I did a search on here on how to clean white lettering and everybody here seems to love it. But now you got me wondering if I should even use it.
We ain't saying it doesn't work, we are just telling you to be careful how you use it.....DO NOT GET IT ON THE WHEELS OR THE PAINT. BTW, the car wash tire cleaner is junk, don't waste your money.

Best bet if you are going to use wesleys...buy a stiff(very stiff) brush...spray the stuff on, let it work down...then wet the brush with water, and scrub the letters...you'll smile at the results but again, be careful with that stuff.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I use Simple Green with a stiff brush... works great everytime.

I think where you are having a problem is in the brush.

A little bit of Chlorox on the brush won't hurt either.

Just make sure you wear some nitrile gloves.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Avid Purple Power user right here

Old 12-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
While folks like f150sport like people riding on him, I don't.
Man, the first time I read it, I thought it said "White folks like..." That was pretty funny...

Anyway, I was going to say that you can get it at ANY of the places you mentioned, but I was also going to bring up what you mentioned, RP. (This is one of those that I got careful with... I remember learning about what all Hydroflouric acid does to stuff it comes in contact with...)

Old 12-24-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm with the others... no Bleche White for me. I've seen that stuff ruin very expensive wheels.

Anyhow, might I suggest picking up a brass tire brush (in the detailing section) at your local auto parts store. Then, pick up some "Soft Scrub" at the local grocery store.

Clean the tires first with a good, safe, APC, and then scrub the RWL's with that stuff... and your RWL's will be "gleaming white".

P.S. Only use the brass tire brush on the RWL's.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Well...I used the Wesley's on my tires today. Man, Oh man that stuff gets after it.

I used it at the car wash and sprayed it on all four tires and put some quarters in the wash and took a small nylon brush and quickly scrubbed each tire and washed quickly including the body surrounding the tire/wheel in case I had some mist overspray.

After that I washed the truck as normal. Everything looks great!

Ya'll are right. That stuff is stout.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I dilute my Wesleys.... 2:1 still will strip the fur off a lizard but wont etch your wheels...

Old 12-24-2007, 11:59 PM
I detailed the truck really good today and was noticing my wheels are starting to shows signs of what I think is pitting. I may have to rethink using this stuff on them if it indeed is what I think it is. I'll post up some close up shots tomorrow and get some advice.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Least intrusive method here.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy Wesley's Bleach White?