Lake Country CCS Pads

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Country CCS Pads

Hey guys..just got my G100 from ADS..ordered it monday morning and here by wednesday..pretty awesome. But anyways guys i have been confused about something...i got the green light cutting pad from Lake Country...it says on ADS that it is a light cutting pad..and that orange is a cutting pad...but i thought the other way around...did i get too aggressive a pad?

Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by stud_135
Hey guys..just got my G100 from ADS..ordered it monday morning and here by wednesday..pretty awesome. But anyways guys i have been confused about something...i got the green light cutting pad from Lake Country...it says on ADS that it is a light cutting pad..and that orange is a cutting pad...but i thought the other way around...did i get too aggressive a pad?
You have it right in your post. The green is between the orange (cutting) and white (polishing) LC CCS pads. The orange is as agressive as I would go with a G100. Some times the orange pad can leave micromarring but just follow that with the white polishing pad and a less agressive product.

Tic

Old 11-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Yuppers, I am a Lake VC guy myself.

Yellow
Orange
Green
White-this pad can get loaded with product. Thin thin thin.
Black
Blue

That is the order of most cut to most soft. Blue is a great pad to apply sealer with. Or liquid wax.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks guys..why is it that different vendors have different names for these pads? I have 2 polishing pads, 1 green pad, 3 blue pads, and one red pad...now just gotta get the time and weather to go bust some swirls out...i may have to wait until spring..who knows...happy detailing

Old 11-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys..why is it that different vendors have different names for these pads? I have 2 polishing pads, 1 green pad, 3 blue pads, and one red pad...now just gotta get the time and weather to go bust some swirls out...i may have to wait until spring..who knows...happy detailing
Lake makes two types of pads.

VC and CCS. I prefer the VC b/c o the lip that the backing pad fits in.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Do u guys think it is a necessary step to condition the pads before use? For example, Pinnacle XMT pad conditioner...

Old 11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Do u guys think it is a necessary step to condition the pads before use? For example, Pinnacle XMT pad conditioner...
Mist with QD, go to town.

That's what I do.

I use the Murphy's Oil Soap in a bucket to let them soak over night when i am done for the day. Then rinse and remove loaded product, either soak again or rinse with water, spin dry then set up to dry in doors over night.

Sounds like a lot but they can get expensive when you buy 2 sets at a time so try and take care of them.

Cheers

Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
I bought some of the Microrejuvenator detergent that i asked you about earlier...it says it even cleans your DA pads..but i dont want to put them in the washing machine because of the velcro..i was thinking about getting a spray bottle and diluting 1:1 and then spraying them down..letting them soak in a bucket of warm water..and then rinsing with hot water...what do you think of this?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:00 PM
How do you guys like these CSS pads? I've heard some issues with "hopping" of the pads.

Quick Reply: Lake Country CCS Pads