meguairs stain remover

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meguairs stain remover

i used it today on my truck and it works pretty good either took out the stains or made them not as bad as they were, i was wondering if anyone has any other stain removers that will take out what meguairs cant or any tips on how is the best way to use meguairs, i have a few really old stains i think one is coffee thats what the guy told me when i bought the truck from him, and the others i am not sure they are light colored stains like coke but they wont come up all the way
any suggestions
thanks

Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
did you use this on your carpet or the seats...I have a spot on one of my floor mats I am going to attack this weekend?

Old 11-07-2007, 11:00 PM
carpet i have a king ranch so no way on seats lol but yea it is a decent product although i just went outside yea here in fl at 11pm its about 60 degrees outside cold but i wanted to try it i heard from a friend of mine its great its called spot shot and i used it on the stains that meguairs couldnt take oout and its amazing stuff took out almost everybit of the big coffee stain in the daylight when i can see tommorow i am going to get the rest out it works better than meguairs i think or the combination of both seems to work great its called spot shot and if u go on amazon.com its the best selling for auto carpet stains so more people besides me think it works the best

Old 11-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Great..thanks for the advice ...guess I should have looked a little closer at your handle...thanks for the advice...I will have to check it out.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Give Blue Magic a try for the stubborn spots. It's cheap, available at your Wally Hell, and I've found NOTHING that beats it for spot removal.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iv tried alot of stuff on my seats and the best stuff by far is the motorcraft industrial upholstery cleaner, its about $10 from the dealer and it works great

Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Give Blue Magic a try for the stubborn spots. It's cheap, available at your Wally Hell, and I've found NOTHING that beats it for spot removal.

Can this be used on the 04+ seats? I have a couple of stains on mine that I can't get out, I tried Meguiars APC+ diluted 10:1 but it didn't work. I was thinking about trying it at a stronger dilution but I'm afraid to discolor the seats.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
Can this be used on the 04+ seats? I have a couple of stains on mine that I can't get out, I tried Meguiars APC+ diluted 10:1 but it didn't work. I was thinking about trying it at a stronger dilution but I'm afraid to discolor the seats.
Not certain...

The 04 cloth (or at least some of it) was ultra-finicky. Heck, I saw rain drops discolor a few of those grey seats.

If I was you, I'd test it in a very inconspicuous place before trying it. AKA: use at your own risk on those seats -- they can be a PITA.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Not certain...

The 04 cloth (or at least some of it) was ultra-finicky. Heck, I saw rain drops discolor a few of those grey seats.

If I was you, I'd test it in a very inconspicuous place before trying it. AKA: use at your own risk on those seats -- they can be a PITA.
Hey...RP...you've been on this site a while....what would be the chances of '04-06 F150 owners getting together against Ford and causing such a "stink" that Ford replaces these cheap seats??? Anyone else up for this???

Quick Reply: meguairs stain remover