My opinions on last night's detail

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My opinions on last night's detail

Well guys after all the rain here was forecasted to stop, i got out and was able to put some of my new products to use...i just figured id throw in my 2 cents about what i used...here it goes.

Washed - I used the Meguiar's D-Line Shampoo plus...i thought this was a great soap...very economical..i measured out 2 ounces for 2 gallons of water. This stuff smells amazing and i was greatly impressed with its cleaning power. I am just trying to make sure that the wax wont get stripped if i am diluting correctly....i felt it wasnt as slick as meguiar's gold class but it cleans better and in my opinion shines more...(although i did wax a month ago)

Clayed Using Meguiar's Bar and Meguiar's D-Line Final Touch Detailing Spray - All i can really say is great call RockPick..you told me this stuff was streaky and i found it to be exactly that. I tried not to apply much pressure just a few extra passes with light pressure to remove some of the streaking. I diluted 1:1 with distilled water for clay lube...i figure i will give it one more shot as ready to use before i discontinue use to see how that works. Overall not too impressed

Poorboy's EXP Sealant - This stuff is excellent... i am very impressed. I applied all over by hand ( i know i need a PC) and let sit for 60 minutes. It was a breeze going on and a breeze coming off...gave great shine and time will tell on durability and protection. Overall Great!

Chemical Guy's Butter wet wet wax - This stuff was just an experiment. I was trying to use poorboy's to get as much protection as i could and just go with an extremely wet wax that would provide my visual results....and i am quite impressed. You can feel as you are applying how smooth this stuff is and how "wet" it feels even going on. The depth of my stone color is pretty incredible right now..i bought a gallon of this stuff so i am sure to get a lot of cars done..and i think i will stick with it.

Tires - I used Endurance tire gel with an Eagle one Tire swipe (these are amazing) and then another coat 15 minutes later...the shine is outstanding..i do love this stuff..i just make sure not to drive it until the next day. I am contemplating on trying Meg's D-Line Hyperdressing...i just dont see how i can be any happier with tire dressings than i am with this but i do know it would probably be more economical because i can buy it by the gallon and then dilute. I like a ton of shine...so a 1:1 ratio would be my setup...maybe soon i will break down and order some.

Wheels - Dedicated wash mit and Meg's All Wheel Cleaner for shine..i like this stuff...its very decent. I have been wanting to try Meg's D-Line Wheel brighterner...but havent done so.

Basically i am happy so thanks everyone for the advice (f150 sport and rockpick especially)....any opinions on what i did or stuff i used that could be better dont hesitate..im interested in getting as good as i can...

I do all of this at about 6 when the sun is low and work into the night by garage light...i cant find a better time to do it because of the heat and the sunlight...any opinions?

Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Any pics.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No opinions, really. Sounds like a nice go through.

I wouldn't cull the Last Touch all together - rather, hang on to it as a clay lube. No huge necessity for it to be 'streak free' when using it for that application. We look forward to some pics!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Ok guys i added a few pics under "Detailing" album in my profile...check em out! Thanks..sorry i wasnt quite sure how to post them..i did a search but found a bunch of other stuff. Runnin short on time....let me know what ya think

Old 09-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Old 09-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Nice job.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
What am I? Chopped liver and oninons?

Just kidding.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Holy crap dude-- I want to dry off your truck...its so dripping wet...Dang. I like that wet wax...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by stud_135

WOW, nice work. That is impressive.

RollingRock....aka Chopped Liver

Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 AM
lol rolling rock im sorry dude...i really didnt mean to leave you out...you guys know how amazing yall are at this stuff..and i would still be using 3 dollar turtle wax take the paint off wax if it werent for the big 4 (f150, rolling rock, rock pick, and gipraw)....with yall in detailing and wandell in lifts, tires, and wheels, there is no excuse for not learning stuff....and yeah about the wax...like i said in another thread it was an experiment and i really do love it it has a great look to it...rockpick and rollingrock i owe yall a thank you for turnin me to poorboy's stuff....they are great...so basically just thanks for everything i do appreciate it (and so does my truck) Oh and rolling rock you ever heard of dalhart, Texas? I grew up there i am sure you are down south..i was up in the panhandle

Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by stud_135
lol rolling rock im sorry dude...i really didnt mean to leave you out...you guys know how amazing yall are at this stuff..and i would still be using 3 dollar turtle wax take the paint off wax if it werent for the big 4 (f150, rolling rock, rock pick, and gipraw)....with yall in detailing and wandell in lifts, tires, and wheels, there is no excuse for not learning stuff....and yeah about the wax...like i said in another thread it was an experiment and i really do love it it has a great look to it...rockpick and rollingrock i owe yall a thank you for turnin me to poorboy's stuff....they are great...so basically just thanks for everything i do appreciate it (and so does my truck) Oh and rolling rock you ever heard of dalhart, Texas? I grew up there i am sure you are down south..i was up in the panhandle
Sorry wasn't fishing for a kudos was just messing with you...your truck looks great, nice work...I am in North Texas and if memory severs me correct Dalhart is up there around Grover and Pampa right? If so, I have been there but only once.

That is beautiful farm country up there.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Pampa = NE part of the panhandle
Dalhart = NW part of the panhandle
Gruver = Between the two

Grover ...

Old 09-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Exactly...we are way up there..i like your part of texas better...mine is all dusty..def hard to keep your truck clean..wind blows 9460846048640 mph every day..

Old 09-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by SleepyMax
Pampa = NE part of the panhandle
Dalhart = NW part of the panhandle
Gruver = Between the two

Grover ...

Guver=quail hunting.

BANG BANG BANG, darn, reload....

Old 09-14-2007, 05:15 PM
I actually used to live in Gruver..before i moved to Dalhart..and yes then dalhart is pheasant hunting...BANG BANG oops that was a female...

Quick Reply: My opinions on last night's detail