Dull bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dull bed liner

A buddy of mine was wondering if theres anything he could use to bring back the shine to his bedliner. Any suggestions?

Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Not that I know of, I wish there was something. When I had my bed liner installed they actually told me the chemical composition of mine was a new one that should keep the shine for years instead of just a few months. Well it's a great bed liner but the shine didn't last those years they got me happy about.

I've heard people say they use cheap tire shine, sounds to me like it's going to be slick and when it rains you'll have a black river dripping down your back bumper.

I imagine if they don't already have one that continues to shine for a long period of time someone will come up with a version of a clear coat like coating to keep it's shine protected.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Suspended
What kind of bed liner? A drop in? . . or a spray on type?

Regardless I think 303 Protectant will work on both without making it slippery. I'm not positive as I've never used it but I swear I've heard it works.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
What kind of bed liner? A drop in? . . or a spray on type?
Yeah, just a drop in. I wont tell yall what kind of truck it is though. caughcaughcaughdodgecaughcaughcaugh

Thanks guys.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
I have used 303 on my spray in and it has done wonders for me.

I am not sure about a drop in one though.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:22 PM
All I hear are good things about this 303, I'm going to have to go purchase a bottle to try it out for myself. I've got one question about it, lets say I used it on my trucks plastic trim, will I have to reapply each time it rains like other potectants?

Old 04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by FordTruckMan82
...will I have to reapply each time it rains like other potectants?
No, but you should reapply it every couple months to maintain optimal protection. Any decent protectant with UV blockers would also work nicely and there are plenty to choose from.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 AM
You'll like the 303 Aerospace protectant. I use it on my Rhino-liner and it keeps it looking brand new in regards to the 303's UV-40 protection as qadsan points out.

Only one caveat, is the product is very sloppy to use (using their bottle) so I would recommend using a sponge applicator for the rest of your vinyl plastics, and to save product. Spraying on the bed-liner will work fine, but other than that, the over spray flies everywhere creating a big waste. I pour it in another fine mist spray head bottle myself. If you can getcha one of these type bottles, they work great with 303.

4oz Fine Mist Mini-Sprayer.

Quick Reply: Dull bed liner