Griots products

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Griots products

Has anybody used Griots products ? If so how did thet work ?

Old 01-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by swavet22
Has anybody used Griots products ? If so how did thet work ?
I have used several of their products, but not their entire catalogue .. with varying levels of success ..

care to be more specific about whichproducts ?

Last edited by Gipraw; 01-16-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gipraw
I have used several of their products, but not their entire catalogue .. with varying levels of ccess ..

care to be more specific about whichproducts ?
I'm looking at thier carnauba wax, clay and wax's

Old 01-16-2007, 05:42 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used several of their interior products -- but none of their exterior.

Their interior cleaner is amongst my top 5 products for the interior... Other than that, I haven't really heard pros or cons about their exterior stuff.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have used the griots wheel cleaner....good stuff...smells like cotton candy, doesn't hurt rims....also, the leathe r conditioner seems to work well

Old 01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
I have used their MAG WHEEL & ALUMINUM POLISH, and was quite pleased with it.. it works very well with my small air polisher.

they sent me a bottle of spray wax to try for free, and it works really well on my lawn mower.. but I never tried it on a vehicle.

I have used their Glass Polish, and fine glass polish .. both very nice products.

I am not a fan of their clay at all. it did not seem to remove things well, it was extremely sticky, and seemed to catch and drag on contamination, instead of removing it ..

I also find it really amazing that a company that is so well thought of in the collector car circles actually makes, and recommends an attachment to allow you to clay your car using their clay and your PC ..

I have also tired the DA that they sell, with mixed results ..

never tried any of their other waxes or polishes .. although I am curious to try the Speed Shine .. I have heard nice things about it ..

Old 01-16-2007, 09:04 PM
I've been very happy with their interior cleaner, leather cleaner and wipes, machine polish 1, speed shine, and carnuba wax. I've used their clay and didn't notice any of the problems Gipraw mentioned, but that was the first time I used clay.

Oh ya, after using their leather conditioner, a couple squirts of their leather scent really finishes off my cleaning!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:29 PM
MJN
I have used and tried alot of their products. The Best of Show Wax has a nice shine I think after using their polish and clay. The only thing is though it is real hard to get off. The paste wax they have is the same as the Best of Show just no fillers and more of a carnuba content and is supposed to be easier to remove. I like their Speed Shine and use it all the time. Also have just started trying there syn wax and so far been pleased but my truck that has it on it does not come out much in the winter so hard to tell. One other one I like is the Vinyl dressing. Goes on nice with no gloss finish wich I like, also contains no silicones but a tad on the pricey side.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Great products but pricey.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:49 PM
I have used just about all of their exterior products at one time or another. They are pricey but they definity get the job they are made for done. I use their speed shine and clay all the time. Their wax remover (for trim and plastic) works well also if you use it immediately after waxing. Just my 2 cents..

Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
My father only uses griot's products. He did not like their best of show wax because he said he did not notice any change to the gloss or clarity, so he gave to me and I also did not like it same reasons and it also has a very strong solvent smell to it. He also used and did not like their clay bar, he said it was to sticky(when you handled it) and it left to much clay residue on the paint that had to be cleaned off. I used it on my windshield and noticed the stickiness but on glass it did not tranfer any clay. He now uses collinite fleet wax and Meg's clay and body scrub.

Andrew

Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Collinite makes a great product... Not sure I've tried it on WHITE or other light colors... might have to give that a whirl.

-RP-

Quick Reply: Griots products