Zaino polish, any thaughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino polish, any thaughts?

Just wondering how good this Zaino stuff is? I've seen it very few places and heard it's expensive but good. What are the pros and cons of their products? I'm really pleased with Mother's clay, Meguir's swirl remover #27 (i think) and Nanowax by Eagle one, so what does Zaino have on these?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I have used Zaino for almost 2 years now

and find it will last longer than any other acrylic polish out there. It can be layered and used with their paint cleaner on good condition paint, I have gotten a beautiful, clear finish on my Gray Shadow Metallic '04 Lightning. Alot of people will debate the Zaino "look"compared to all the different carnauba wax products out there, but I can read the newspaper reflection off my truck just fine, so I think it cant get any clearer than that. You will need to look a their website, read all their information, look at your paint and decide.. I always clay first, and if you are using Zaino for 1st time, wash your vehicle down with something like Dawn dishwashing soap to get as much old wax and crap off paint. Then clay it real smooth, then use the ZPC Fusion, then your choice of the Z5 Pro and/or Z2 Pro polishes. After all this, you will still have to periodically clean the crap off your paint that falls from the sky and stick to it with a claybar, but once you get Zaino layered on, it will be much easier and stay cleaner longer.. Im sold on it, but tried everything else before I made the move. Good luck, Dan F

Old 07-23-2006, 12:49 AM
There are several folks here who use it, including myself but most keep a low profile regarding the topic (any mention seems to re-kindle the tired discussion of Meguiars vs Zaino..... )

Personally, I highly recommend it.... once the prep work has been done (3M SMR, PS21 GEPC , etc), Zaino is just a couple of coats like any other polish... durability is key though.

Here's a couple sources of info to learn more if you're interested....

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/detailing/

http://www.gurureports.org/

Old 07-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Zaino is a very good product despite some thinking that it's a 'tired' topic.

I, for one, have tried it and liked it for the most part. It just didn't seem to be all that and a bag of chips like so many claim it is... for that case, I really haven't found the 'perfect' product either... and I've tried a BUNCH of them...Menzerna, Wolfgang, FK1, Collinite, Meg's, Mother's, Zaino, 4-star, AutoGlym, P21S, Sonus, Klasse... Heck, even Turtle, Blue Magic, and Rain Dance (to name a few consumer products) have come and gone...the list could go on a little further than that... it's 3am.. all have run across painted surfaces that I've either owned or have worked on for clientele... they all have a pro or a con. There's no 'silver bullet'.

As for gurureports, they probably made a fair choice in their decision making however, keep in mind, Consumer Reports (a much more respected publication) gave the nod to Black Magic wax -- which I've used and have trashed -- it sucked out loud. Guru, IMO, would definitely have it closer to correct than CR...

In short, it's all an opinion... an opinion from a bunch of folks that have opinions... Need some other opinions -- check autopia.org, meguiarsonline.com, waxforum.com, showcargarage.com and detailcity.com. All of these are highly respected detailing message boards with a wealth of knowledge far beyond what you'll find here.

Z is a good product. Give it a try and maybe you'll be sold on it. Maybe not...

Old 07-23-2006, 03:56 AM
Suspended
I have some Zaino sitting around, damn near full bottle and all the stuff to go along with it.

I used to use it on my Red Ranger. Worked great, really did. I tested it against my friend who used NXT and I can honestly say the Zaino lasts slightly longer going purely off of the "beading effect." But, I personally didn't like how you have to really stretch the product and apply such thin coats. But on the flipside you can do an entire hood with a dime-sized drop- literally.

I might put my Zaino in the classifieds though, as I am too lazy to use it anymore, especially for white paint on a supercrew.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:27 AM
edit: as RP pointed out, there's a wealth of knowledge at the other sites far beyond anyone here....
that was the entire point of referring you to the sites I did as you were looking for opinions of people who actually use it..... enough said.... incoming!

Last edited by MikeF150; 07-23-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Sounds good, and really prep work is key as stated earlier. I really haven't had a bad wax yet, just some better than others and was thinking this was some kind of cats a$$ wax. I'll probably use their stuff of my 64 Galaxie, whenever it gets painted???????

Old 07-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I bought about $100 worth of Zaino products about 2 months ago but have not had the time to use it. I was sold on it by someone that i work with. Thier black vette looks amazing and the durability is second to none. Also i go to www.detailcity.org and look at "the detailing showcase" forum. A member by the name of G35stilez uses Zaino and his work is amazing. I know prep is key but look at some of his work and you will be amazed. I might even have him detail my truck if i can scrounge up enough $$$ and sell my stash of Z..

Old 07-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Zainos beeding action just seems to last a lot longet ant any other wax I have ever used. I love the stuff!

Old 07-24-2006, 08:45 AM
I am an avid Zaino user! However everyone is correct prep is key!!! Follow the directions to a tee! I washed, clayed, installed 9 layers of zaino, with spray z6 in between each layer, on brand new paint!! the results were phenominal! And when the car is washed the water sheets off and the paint is dry underneath, it takes me all of 5 min to dry the car. I'm sure that there are others that are a little easier to use and take less time, but i haven't had better results with any others. Meg's will always be awesome stuff, just doesn't last as long. Good luck

Old 07-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Best I've used!

If you only wax two times a year like me, I don't think there is anything better. Seems to last a loooong time! I've been using it three years thanks to this website. Michigan winters can be hard on a paint job!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Using it for 2 years on the Corvette and that is the only one I have used on this F150. Love the look and the durability, but it does take a while to do it right. It last the the midwest winters without a problem {truck only-Vette stays inside}. The only thing that does not get the Zaino is the wifes minivan: too much effort to Zaino a Windstar.

Woof
Bowser

Old 07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used Zaino products for about 4 years now and am very happy. The look and the "mating dance" that goes with using this stuff isn't for everyone, but I'm very pleased - especially with the durability. By the way, their new Z-5 Pro is really slick!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by RobNY
Also i go to www.detailcity.org and look at "the detailing showcase" forum. A member by the name of G35stilez uses Zaino and his work is amazing. I know prep is key but look at some of his work and you will be amazed. I might even have him detail my truck if i can scrounge up enough $$$ and sell my stash of Z..
HOLY CRAP!!

I got to the guys website. Ok, before I got there I thought how good could it really be, it's a detail? But oh no, some that stuff is crazy! http://www.detailingbyexecutive.com/detailpaint.htm Scroll down until you see the picture of the reflection of flowers and the house. That is amazing.

Quick Reply: Zaino polish, any thaughts?