Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Anyone tried the Mr. clean magic eraser on their rims? I wonder how good it works/is it safe to use on aluminuminuminum rims? Any replies would be great.

~..Josh

Old 09-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Never tried it personally bit I've never heard anything good. I'd just recommend washing them good then applying a good polish.

- Chris

Old 09-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would further discourage you from using the ME on your rims... you see, the MrC ME uses an abrasive characteristic to 'clean'. This being said, it's like using 3000 grit sandpaper on your rims.

Stick with your old standard 'stand-by' types of products for cleaning your vehicle...

Old 09-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Stay far away for Mr. Clean for anything related to your truck. Some of us have found out this the hard way. Do a search and I bet you will never use it.

Old 09-17-2005, 07:03 PM
%*#*@ Mr Clean!

Old 09-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
%*#*@ Mr Clean!

BREW

Old 09-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dzervit
%*#*@ Mr Clean!

It's almost funny now man... I hate that you were the one that discovered that you shouldn't use it on the black plastic on the new body styles...

It works really well on RUBBERIZED items... beyond that, I wouldn't touch it.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, let me give my $.02 here... I recently waxed my truck, and like a dummy, I got some wax on my window/wiper cowling, and it dried white. I tried many things (wd-40, alcohol, simple green, goof-off), but nothing worked. I read in several threads that Magic Eraser will tear up black plastic (mostly from Dzervit's experience). So me, always going against the grain, went out and bought a Magic Eraser. I took it easy when using it, very moderate in speed & pressure applied.

IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! That was a few days ago, and there have been no adverse effects yet. It still looks great. No dulling or fading at all... The only thing I can figure, is that maybe Dzervit SCRUBBED with it to aggressive, and that's why his results were so bad... Then again, maybe not... Maybe they did something different to the plastic on the '05's... Either way, I like what the Magic Eraser did... Now, would I go crazy and start to scour the plastic? No way... Use it sparingly/moderate...

This is just my experience. I'm not advocating the use of it; simply saying that it worked great for me... I don't want to be/feel responsible for another outcome like D's...

Old 09-19-2005, 02:20 AM
I learned the trick of using a pencil eraser to remove wax on plastic trim. It works like a charm, and you don't have to worry about it fading your plastic.

Oh and it also works wonders if you are trying to remove any old layers of dressings you put on your plastic.

Mr. Clean is evil

- Chris

Old 09-19-2005, 02:54 AM
what's wrong with using the filtered rinse feature of the Mr. Clean auto dry? I can't imagine any harm being done?... I used it a few weeks ago just to rinse after my wash and lo and behold no water spots at all!!!

i use meguire's soap and the auto dry to rinse......

not all things Mr. Clean are evil... wisdom is everywhere....just gotta look...

Old 09-19-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm just kidding

- Chris

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Mr. Clean