Bleach White mess up your wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bleach White mess up your wheels?

I like useing bleach white to clean the tires works real good and gets the old tire dressing off. I have used it for years on other vehicles of mine but before washing my truck I read not to use on alloy or magnesum wheels have any of you had it mess up yours or know people that have?

Old 04-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Using Bleche-White to remove old tire dressing is like using a baseball bat to remove a zit. Yeah, it works but there is a big chance for peripheral damage. Why not just use a non-toxic and non-damaging cleaner like Simple Green or something? I've read a couple posts here in the last few months from people who ruined their rims with Bleche-White. I wouldn't get that stuff anywhere near my truck.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LMAO at RJS!

Like RJS mentioned, Bleche White poses some risks but, if you're using it properly, it can be a beneficial thing. I frequently use baseball bats to pop zits.

Perferably, I'd go with a safer product like CITRI-GEL or even dilute Simple Green.

While Bleche White works, and works well, it's VERY caustic and can cause MUCH MORE HARM than GOOD.

RP

Old 04-11-2005, 06:26 AM
I took out a "restraining order" a long time ago against Bleche White........ it's not allowed with 50 feet of any of my vehicles.

Seriously, I've seen personally what Bleche White can do when "something" goes wrong... and it's not pretty.

Be careful!!!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:13 PM
i use bleech white on my truck, and even paint, to get grease off, but i read the directions......

BOSS, what part of northeast pa are you from ?

Old 04-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 93xlt2wd
i use bleech white on my truck, and even paint, to get grease off, but i read the directions......

BOSS, what part of northeast pa are you from ?
Good luck with the bleech white.

I live in the Wilkes-Barre area.

Old 04-11-2005, 07:30 PM
wow, that close, i live about 15 minutes north of clarks summit. we should try and get a couple people (if there are anymore of us on here from this area) together and meet up or something.......

i dont know anyone else on the forum but would like to meet someone.

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
What's a "safe" ratio to dilute Simple Green?

Old 04-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Bleach White is also good as a speed detailer j/k

I have never had a problem with it but my rims are painted. Once I put some nice rims on my truck it will no longer be allowed near my truck.

- Chris

Old 04-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I use Castrol Super Clean diluted 50%. Its never harmed a wheel and cleans the tires better then BW IMO.

Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 AM
The best way that I have found to use bleche white to minimize getting it on the rims is to:

1) Do one tire at a time.
2) Spray bleche white onto brush, not onto tire.
3) Work the bleche white onto the tire, whitewall and blackwall. These steps minimize the amount that is allowed to sit on the wheels.
4) Rinse tire and rim COMPLETELY!
5) Wash rim as normal with sponge or clear-coat safe all-wheel cleaner, and rinse COMPLETELY once again.

If you use this method to clean the tires with bleche white, you minimize the amount the gets onto the rim to cause damage, and although some does get onto the rim during rinsing, as long as you rinse thoroughly, the chemical is not really on the rim long enough to do any harm. Hope this helps some people, as this is how I have been using it for years on my old Keystone mags and tires, and on the new '04 tires and rims.

When used properly, I have found this to be the best whitewall cleaner that I have used. And I also have seen no ill results on my wheels from the bleche white. Hope I could help!

Old 04-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I got a free bottle of Four Star Ultimate Wheel Cleaner Gel some time last year when I put in an order over at http://www.premiumautocare.com and I must say it works wonders! Before then I had tried to use stuff like AJAX/COMET on the tires to get the old brake dust and gunk off. For I while I swore my whitewalls would never look the same. After the the Ultimate Wheel Gel, I had forgotten how white the whitewalls actually were. Big thumbs up!!

Tony

Old 04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I walked by my neighbors house today, she was out washing her Jeep Cherokee. I looked over to watch her cleaning the wheels and she sprayed Westley's Bleach White all over them. I tried to stop her but to no avail she did all four tires with it.

I'm so happy they are moving

- Chris

Quick Reply: Bleach White mess up your wheels?