Zaino, Good God how long does the full treatment take?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino, Good God how long does the full treatment take?

I was thinking of getting some but good lord, its like 20 different coats of stuff. Thats like 2 days work.

Whats everyone using ?

Old 01-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Before RP moves this to Gen. Care and Detailing.........

Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. One application, works great!

Scott

Old 01-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Whoops, got used to just checking this thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:44 PM
This thread is going to be moved but... I thought the same thing about the zaino so I started using meguiers NXT Tech wax and havn't looked back since.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:02 PM
NXT ROCKS!

Old 01-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Thread still here!

Whoops! I thought you were talking about Zaino leather care products

Ditto on the NXT!

Scott

Old 01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moved to General Care and Detailing...

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are a lot of great brands on the market. The best advice is to find something you like and use it often in my opinion.

99% of the battle to getting a great looking finish is surface preparation though. Make sure your paint is in good shape (ie: no swirls, scratches, no stuck on contamination, and no oxidation) before applying a final step product (FSP) like NXT, Zaino, Poorboys, etc...

RP

Old 01-05-2005, 06:42 AM
RP is absolutely correct. It's all in the prep! After the correct prep (washing/claying/cleaning/polishing), any wax or sealant will look great.

After doing the proper prep, here are some "FACTS"........

A lot of people like NXT...... they can't all be wrong!

2 coats of NXT applied 24 hours apart will look great!

A lot of people like Zaino...... they can't all be wrong!

2 coats of Zaino applied 24 hours apart will look great!

Zaino is not near as complicated as some people make it out to be. Later on, I will post a thread that will end that confusion for good.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As both a Zaino (winter months) and NXT (summer months) user, I think I can speak on this subject. First of all, RockPick and Boss are absolutely correct in that the time (for any product) is all in the preparation steps. I'd call it a toss up as to which product takes less time to put on once all of the prep is done. The only tie breaker I might add is that Zaino (at least for me) seems to last much longer. That's why I use it in the winter.

So, in answer to your question about how long it should take... If I do the whole mating dance with either product, I can count on about 3-4 hours and the better part of a six-pack. Have fun!

Old 01-05-2005, 12:24 PM
The only possible issue I could see that may make Zaino seem like a longer process is the “dry” time for the polish. I highly recommend using the ZFX cure accelerator because it reduces dry times drastically on humid days.

With the ZFX you can also put up to 3 coats on in a day. Without the ZFX I believe you have to wait 12 hours or so between coats. If it is a nice dry day out (no humidity) then Zaino “without” the ZFX will normally dry in around 30 – 45 minutes. If it is in the 70’s or 80’s and dry out then it may take as little as 5 – 10 minutes to dry.

With the ZFX on a humid day it will dry in about 20 – 30 minutes where if you don’t use the ZFX it could take hours upon hours to dry.

So other then the dry time there is absolutely nothing different in the process of polishing/waxing ones automobile regardless if it is NXT, Zaino or any other great brand on the market.

You really can’t go wrong with any good quality product you choose SO LONG as you prepped the surface correctly and that is where the majority of time is spent in detailing…

Old 01-06-2005, 12:33 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zaino has exactly one more step than other waxes/sealants. You can choose to do apply/remove Z1 or mix ZFX prior to applying Z2/Z3/Z5. As already mentioned, the effort really comes from prep work and drying time which ZFX helps.

Surface prep is 98% of the final appearance. Of that, 90% of how it will look when complete is procedure, not which products you use.

Quick Reply: Zaino, Good God how long does the full treatment take?