Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit

1. Packaging & Labeling. Is it well packaged? Are the labels durable?

The packaging and labeling of the Langka products are very good.

2. Helpful instructions on label?

The included instructions was straight to the point, very helpful, recommend reading prior to using this product.

3. Does product do what the manufacturer claims it does?

Yes, it really does work as claimed by the manufacturer.

4. Value. Is the product a good buy? If a liquid product, how much per ounce? Does a little go a long way?

Well worth the cost, considering you want to keep your vehicles chipped/rust free.

5. Easy to use? Hard to use? Did you read the directions and use as directed?

Very easy to use, yes read and followed the directions. I was amazed how easy it was removing the paint blobs.

6. If known, what is the pH of the product? Is it safe for enthusiasts or should it be for professional use only?

I would say it would be safe for anyone to use in a well ventilated area.

7. Describe the product smell, viscosity and other physical traits if any.

The blob remover, Prepaint, and Paint sealant has a faint smell of old timey model glue.

I was recommended this paint chip repair kit by Langka, by someone at Premium Auto Care. It really does work!!! I have a few places on my 2004 F150 door dings, rock chips (on front bumper), even a couple on the cab roof. After applying your touch up paint from the dealer, and allowing it to dry a couple of days, you use the blob remover with a smooth clean tightly woven cotton cloth (a t-shirt, dress shirt, etc), wiping back and forth with minimal force. The blob remover only affects the touchup paint, not the original paint. After using the product you can use the include paint sealant or your favorite paint sealant/wax. I even had a few paint blobs from this past summer, and it worked on these as well. Also cannot be used on lacquer painted surfaces. This kit can be purchased at Premium Auto Care, it is the Langka Paint Chip Remover Complete Kit. No more wet sanding paint chips.

Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit At Premium Auto Care!

I will post photos later this week, as I have some more to work on after the paint is dry. So I will do before and after photos.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Before and After Photos

Before photo:

After photo:

Old 12-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
WOW!! Nice review and great results! Thanks for sharing with us AHS!

RP

Old 12-30-2004, 11:33 PM
tk2
This product was out for a while. I believe either meguairs or mothers has one just like it.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:42 PM
tk2
Old 12-30-2004, 11:48 PM
Moderator &

Interesting... I had no idea Mother's had such a product on the market.

It even says "Langka Techology" on the box.... Looks like Langka might be the authority on this type of thing?

RP

Old 01-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Moderator &

Well, I just bought the Mother's kit on ebay for a little over $10 so, we'll have to give it a whirl.

Then again though, my truck doesn't have any chips as of yet... I guess that means the wifey mobile is the test subject!

RP

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Rockpick, just be sure do not use lacquer based touch up paint!!!

Also been doing some more research, Plasti-kote makes a paint blob remover kit too.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by AhsGrad1973
Rockpick, just be sure do not use lacquer based touch up paint!!!

Also been doing some more research, Plasti-kote makes a paint blob remover kit too.
Thanks for that info. How can I tell if it's lacquer based? My wife's car is a 02 Accord in Firepepper Red... the touchup paint I have is from the stealership and is VERY different from that that I bought for both my late 2001 King Ranch and my new 05 KR...

RP

Old 01-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Usually it will say it on the bottle. I made the mistake when I was first experimenting with the kit. I looked at the bottle of touch up paint I bought at the dealership, said Lacquer. It isn't the type of paint on the vehicle, but the type of paint in the bottle. Langka says that it will not work with it, I proved that, lol. I am not a paint expert, but I guess enamel based touch up paint is good.

Old 01-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Moderator &

Thanks for that info AHS...

I'll have to do some investigative work on my own with the wifey's touch-up paint before using the Mother's product that I purchased.

It sure seems like a great idea and DEFINATELY much easier than the technique that Intel486 taught me here long ago which involved paint blobbing and then sanding (and repeating several times typically). I had the process down to the point where you couldn't tell that I had done any work but, geeeeeeesh, it was a bear.

Thanks again!

RP

Old 01-02-2005, 08:57 PM
tk2
It sure seems like a great idea and DEFINATELY much easier than the technique that Intel486 taught me here long ago
That's a name I haven't heard on hear for a long time. What happened to him? I learned a lot from his knowledge on here.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by tk2
That's a name I haven't heard on hear for a long time. What happened to him? I learned a lot from his knowledge on here.
He's still around but is in school and thus doesn't spend much time on the boards. I IM with him all the time on AOL...

Old 01-05-2005, 08:30 AM
So where do I get touch-up paint that is not laquer based for my 2004 black f150?

Old 01-14-2005, 11:06 AM
I am getting ready to order this as well but I am confused on the Lacquer paint comment made earlier.
I went to the LANGKA web site and they said teh Lacquer paint is ok.

Here is a link to the FAQ section. Page down to the bottom.

LANGKA FAQ's

AhsGrad1973,

What problems did you experience when using the Lacquer based paint?

Oh yeah, anyone have a coupon code to use at Premium Auto Care. I have a pretty big order and would like to try and get it cheaper.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit