Help with lazy mans detailing..

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with lazy mans detailing..

Ok, I have a 2K Exp. The paint is in good shape. Its prob. only been polished/waxed 3 or 4 times in its life. It was waxed just before I got it about a month ago.

Question, after claying it, is there a one step wax/polish that will look ok? I really don't have the time to do any 5 step process. But I know the cheap cleaner waxes don't work that great either. Any ideas?

Old 12-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is actually still one of my favorite products. It will effectively remove some minor surficial flaws as well as add a very durable protective layer.

Another product that you may consider is Meguiar's Medallion Premium Paint Protection (often called MPPP on the boards). Again, this is a very nice product which I use often that is considered an 'all-in-one' product.

G'luck!

RP

Old 12-16-2004, 11:57 AM
The two that RP mentioned would be very good choices.

Meguiar's ColorX would be another good choice too, as would Mothers cleaner wax.

Probably the most durable (and most expensive) of all those suggestions is the MPPP.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys. How about Meguiar's NXT Tech wax? Saw that for like $15. Would that be a all in one type wax?

Old 12-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Moderator &

Honestly, rather than spending $15 on NXT, I'd probably go ahead and spend $20 on MPPP. Here's why...

From the sounds of it, you don't really have a lot of time to do this type of task on a regular basis and, ultimately, probably have more surficial blemishes (swirls and such) that are visible. While NXT has some cleaners in it that will help to remove some of those swirls, MPPP has more and, in my opinion, has a bit more of a long lasting durabilty.

Don't get me wrong, NXT for $15 isn't a bad choice but, Color-X or MPPP would, in your case, probably come before NXT if it were me.

RP

Old 12-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Honestly, rather than spending $15 on NXT, I'd probably go ahead and spend $20 on MPPP. Here's why...

From the sounds of it, you don't really have a lot of time to do this type of task on a regular basis and, ultimately, probably have more surficial blemishes (swirls and such) that are visible. While NXT has some cleaners in it that will help to remove some of those swirls, MPPP has more and, in my opinion, has a bit more of a long lasting durabilty.

Don't get me wrong, NXT for $15 isn't a bad choice but, Color-X or MPPP would, in your case, probably come before NXT if it were me.

RP
Thanks a ton! Now excuse me for not knowing much about waxes/polishes but does MPPP have wax in it? Is is mostly a wax with some cleaners and polishes in it as well?

Old 12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Buzzz
Thanks a ton! Now excuse me for not knowing much about waxes/polishes but does MPPP have wax in it? Is is mostly a wax with some cleaners and polishes in it as well?
It would, generally, fall into the cleaner wax catagory. That means that it has polishes to remove some of the swirls and such and also a wax (snythetic) component to provide protection. It's a tremendous one-step product!

RP

Trending Topics

Old 12-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
It would, generally, fall into the cleaner wax catagory. That means that it has polishes to remove some of the swirls and such and also a wax (snythetic) component to provide protection. It's a tremendous one-step product!

RP
Ok, IM SOLD!!

Old 12-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Buzzz
Ok, IM SOLD!!
Great...

I truly think you'll like it but, if you don't, give Meguiar's a call and they'll refund your money. Customer service, in today's day and age, is often hard to find. Meguiar's is a HUGE exception to that rule!

Here's a LINK to MPPP on meguiars.com.

I think you'll be pleased with your results.

RP

Quick Reply: Help with lazy mans detailing..