Yoman, Any new pics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yoman, Any new pics?

Is the shine still holding up? Maybe you can get some pics after a rain to show the water beading or sheeting action of this stuff.

Old 11-05-2004, 01:09 PM
So far, the truck still looks great. I have been holding off on washing it so I can see if the surface stays fairly like the product the claims. I drove the truck around last night in the rain on back roads and on the highway. This is the third rain since I put 5 Star Shine on and it does seem keep a lot of the dirt from sticking the paint. It's kind of interesting looking at the difference between the dirt on the paint and the dirt on the windows. The windows are defiantly dirtier than the paint and no, the paint is not very dirty at all. So far, I am happy with the product. I just wish I could see how it does a year or two from now. So far, the product has performed exactly as claimed. I imagine that will continue. I am thinking of ordering another kit for my wife’s WRX and see how it looks on silver paint.

I will get some update pictures up this weekend and I’ll probably wash it after that.

Mark

Old 11-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Good deal I would like to see the pics too. I have a truck cap for Hoss that I have had in the back yard for a year now. Only thing is it is uncovered, thus it has a great deal of weatherization. Honestly the cheap paint job in it looks ruined. I am looking for some products that may help at least bring back some degree of respect to it. BTW the truck cap is silver.

Look forward to your updates.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:41 PM
The new pics are up. Look for the ones with 5 Star Shine after 2 weeks.

My Gallery ]My Gallery[/URL]

Let me know what you think.

Mark

Old 11-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Looks a lot better than my truck would after 2 weeks of no washing and getting rained on sitting outside!

Now you gotta let us know how easy it is to wash and dry.

Thanks for the pics!

Old 11-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Wow that is impressive over two weeks especially considering that it had rained. I am curious on your opinion for a black truck. It shows any dust, water or road grime. The black color is very hard to keep clean.

Old 11-10-2004, 10:12 PM
I don’t see any reason that it would not be good on black. A friend of mine also ordered 5 Star Shine for his Honda S2000. It’s black. He has not put it on yet, so I can’t say how it looks. This stuff may help keep some of the dust off, but nothing will keep all of it off your truck.

On the 5 Star Shine web site there is a link to some guys website who has been using this 5 Star Shine for over 15 years. There is a picture of a black 1985 cougar that has been kept outside in Florida. It looks great for it's age.

Good luck with your black truck. I had a black car once and I swore I'd never get one again. it takes a lot of effort to keep it clean and scratch free.

Anyway I posted some more pictures in my gallery. These pictures were taken 2 days after my first wash. Check out My Gallery and look for the pictures labeled day 2 after first wash.

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Was it pretty easy to wash? I imagine it must have reduced washing and drying time by a significant amount. How did your flat surfaces look (hood, top of cab). That tends to be the place where the most dirt accumulates on my truck.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:49 AM
Washing the truck was very, very easy. Bugs came right off and those little black road tar specs that look like pepper came off with very little effort. I‘ve always had to rub very hard or use some type of bug and tar stuff to get these off. I think I spent more time drying the truck than washing it. The areas that air dried before I got to them dried spot free. I used the soap that came in the kit from 5 Star Shine. It’s a ph balanced soap much like the soap that comes in the Pinnacle Wax kits and it seems pretty good, no complaints.

The hood and roof didn't seem to have any more dirt than any other part of the truck and was just as easy to wash.

It will be interesting to see if this stuff really lasts 3-5 years. All I can do is wait and see.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:38 AM
That shine still looks great. You did a good job applying it. Sucks about the dent, if you’re like me you see it every time you look at the truck. I know Hoss has many and even more scratches. But I chalk it up to character, like battle scars.

Quick Reply: Yoman, Any new pics?