NXT Tech Wax - The #1 Selling Liquid Wax in the Country!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NXT Tech Wax - The #1 Selling Liquid Wax in the Country!

STORY HERE -- link goes to meguiarsonline.com

It's hard to argue with results like this...

and this...

RP

Old 10-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RP,

It is some good stuff! Remember all the anticipation waiting for it to come on to the market? That wasn't very long ago at all (7 or 8 months, right?).

There are a bunch of other great products out there, but for it's price, NXT is king of the hill.

Are you still a mod at MeguiarsOnline? I haven't visited there in a while...F150Online seems to get all of my availalble 'puter time.

(I'm waiting for the obligatory comment from 01XLTSport...although I think he's pretty much got a full time gig responding to someone in the GD forum these days. The election can't get here soon enough. )

Old 10-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Nice... I am thus far very impressed with the product. Now I just need a large enough heated garage to wax during our 6-8 month winter!!!

Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by dzervit
Nice... I am thus far very impressed with the product. Now I just need a large enough heated garage to wax during our 6-8 month winter!!!
Man I love California!

Old 10-20-2004, 03:10 PM
For those of you that have used Zaino, how does it compare? I love NXT better than any other so far, but I have never tried Zaino (have had my cr detailed with it and it did rock).

Also how would you rate it in comparison to the Eagle1 Nano wax? This seems to work pretty well to. Only tried it once though.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01 XLT Sport will probably kill me, but I've used both NXT and Zaino on my Oxford White FX4. I'd rate the easy of use as close, but NXT gets the nod because it doesn't require a preliminary step like Zaino. (They both go on and come off very easily.) As for shine, I'd give NXT the nod for one coat results. If you go with multiple coats, I'd tend to say Zaino looks better. (Again, we're talking Oxford White here.) The big tie breaker might be longevity. Here, Zaino is the clear winner. I can't seem to get more than 4-5 weeks out of NXT. I can easily get double that with Zaino.

So what have I been doing? I've used NXT all summer and just slapped a coat on every 3 weeks or so. Next month I'll srtip if off and Zaino the heck out of things for the winter.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Bullitt4711,

The Zaino vs. NXT comparisons are very subjective. They are both very good products. Results will also vary depending on the color of your paint. My last truck was a Silver metallic '97 F150 and it looked awesome with Zaino. I've used Zaino on my '04, and while it looked good, it didn't have the depth that NXT provides (especially when I top the NXT with #26).
I've been using NXT all summer, but I agree with 2stroked that it doesn't seem to have the longevity that Z does. I've got the same plans as 2stroked, too. By the end of this month, I hope to do a full detail on my truck and protect it with 4 or 5 applications of Zaino. I may have to go 4 or 5 months without a chance to apply wax/sealant again .

Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 PM
I too have used both.

NXT is a great product, putting on 2 layers is a must. It looks outstanding on my True Blue Screw. Its super slick, wet looking and well priced. My only complaint is its longevity On my truck and my area, I notice a decrease in beading and slickness after a month or so. I am sure that there is still protection but I want water to dance off and that slick-to-the-touch feeling.

After using Zaino and NXT on my True Blue....NXT looked and felt better but with Zaino, I did not have to touch it for 6-8 months, just hit with some QD.

I still keep my wifes red Expy Zaino'ed. It (Zaino) was my first love....and still have not found anything that beats its durability. In the near future, I want to try Menzerna's FMJ and the Klasse twins.

Quick Reply: NXT Tech Wax - The #1 Selling Liquid Wax in the Country!