Best Applicator/Towels for Black Truck - NXT application

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Applicator/Towels for Black Truck - NXT application

I have an 04 F150 solid black and am ready to put on my first coat of NXT, was wondering what are the best applicators and towels to use to minimize surface damage and keep the black looking great? Thanks!

Old 07-25-2004, 08:58 AM
For application of NXT, I like the Meguiar's foam applicators. For removing NXT (or any product for that matter), and QD'ing, the finest, and safest towels I've ever used are the DFTowels. They are not cheap, but they are the BEST! On a black vehicle, I would highly, highly, highly recommend them!

http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcoto.html

Old 07-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Boss_429
For application of NXT, I like the Meguiar's foam applicators. For removing NXT (or any product for that matter), and QD'ing, the finest, and safest towels I've ever used are the DFTowels. They are not cheap, but they are the BEST! On a black vehicle, I would highly, highly, highly recommend them!

http://www.premiumautocare.com/dfcoto.html
I second Boss's notion on foam and DFTs.

The DF Towel is, by far, the best towel I've ever used.

RP

Old 08-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah my black truck has been hell to keep away the swirls and scratches. My hood and tailgate are already riddled with them, all from the dealer.
I am always using NXT and Meguiars Phase 3 but I have yet to attempt to tackle the clear coat blemishes.
I think from all the searching I have done, I am going to give the #9 a try first with a pep job usings clay for the first time.
As far as towells go, I have been using the MF towels you can buy at AutoZone and other places, are these bad? Do the towels you reccomend really go above and beyond what these can do. I just want to get the hood and gate shining like they should. I know with a black truck you will always find blemishes, but there has got to be a way to make them look a little better.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by EddyG88

As far as towells go, I have been using the MF towels you can buy at AutoZone and other places, are these bad? Do the towels you reccomend really go above and beyond what these can do. I just want to get the hood and gate shining like they should.
Well, I've never tried the towels at AutoZone, but my guess would be that the towels recommended here are considerably better. I doubt that AutoZone would carry towels of that caliber (simply because of price).......... I could be wrong though?

The towels mentioned in this thread are made from "natural" fibers, as opposed to synthetic fibers in most MF towels. I highly recommend them on any color............. especially black. However, keep in mind that a lot more than just good towels is required to minimize the upkeep on a black vehicle

Old 08-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks, I will try out the towels.
I am kinda of at the extreme when it comes to keeping the truck looking good...mostly because I cant wash it weekly due to limited locations to do so. I typically quick detail daily, keeping that nice new shine, but I wanna get rid of the damage done from the dealer.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by EddyG88
Thanks, I will try out the towels.
I am kinda of at the extreme when it comes to keeping the truck looking good...mostly because I cant wash it weekly due to limited locations to do so. I typically quick detail daily, keeping that nice new shine, but I wanna get rid of the damage done from the dealer.
You're welcome Eddy.

Just an FYI............. if you do a lot of quick detailing on a black vehicle, I highly recommend that you look into Poorboy's Spray & Wipe as a QD. It is the safest QD that I've ever used. I always use it first before I use a reqular QD............... just a thought.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Recently used the Mequires NXT booster wax spray, it was amazing. Used MF towels, which you can get at Costco for a very good price. Both did a great job.

Old 08-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
You're welcome Eddy.

Just an FYI............. if you do a lot of quick detailing on a black vehicle, I highly recommend that you look into Poorboy's Spray & Wipe as a QD. It is the safest QD that I've ever used. I always use it first before I use a reqular QD............... just a thought.
Thanks again I will give that a try.

Quick Reply: Best Applicator/Towels for Black Truck - NXT application