Canada All Provinces

Alberta/Saskatchewan - Best Dealer for $$$$

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alberta/Saskatchewan - Best Dealer for $$$$

Hey Alberta and Saskatchewan members, for those of you who shopped around for your truck can you recommend a "best deal" dealership? I am ready to factory order a Mustang. Although I am prepared to deal locally, I will travel if the price is right.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Suspended
You will have to pay provincal tax when you register your mustang in Saskatchewan, if you buy outside the province or in sask. I beleave your time would be better served pursuing a dealer in your home province to get the best deal.

My expierance with Advantage Ford and Universal Ford here in calgary have not been good, subpar at best, thiers Crowfoot Ford, Marbourgh Ford, Metro Ford, woodridge ford, and Maclin Ford here in calgary, Drumheller Alberta has a ford dealer, Westergaurd motors, it's on the way from Calgary to Saskatoon...

IF I moved to BC or sask, I would have to pay provincal sales tax even thow I bought my truck in Alberta were we don't pay a sales tax up front...we pay on our income tax and alberta heath care...

Last edited by cyclone vampire; 02-19-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
You will have to pay provincal tax when you register your mustang in Saskatchewan, if you buy outside the province or in sask. I beleave your time would be better served pursuing a dealer in your home province to get the best deal.

My expierance with Advantage Ford and Universal Ford here in calgary have not been good, subpar at best, thiers Crowfoot Ford, Marbourgh Ford, Metro Ford, woodridge ford, and Maclin Ford here in calgary, Drumheller Alberta has a ford dealer, Westergaurd motors, it's on the way from Calgary to Saskatoon...

IF I moved to BC or sask, I would have to pay provincal sales tax even thow I bought my truck in Alberta were we don't pay a sales tax up front...we pay on our income tax and alberta heath care...
Ever dealt with Cam Clark in Airdrie or know someone who has?

As for shopping in SK, when I bought my 300M Special in Regina I just declared myself a non-resident, completed some paperwork, and did not pay PST. Of course, I then registered it in AB.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Suspended
Cam clark owns several Ford dealerships, one is in winipeg and thiers also a dealership in Olds ( not sure, but thiers two cam clark dealerships in Alberta ) My truck I have now was orginaly at cam clark and I had Universal do a dealer transfer....

Old 02-22-2006, 02:07 AM
Talk to Gord at MGM Ford in Red Deer, he is the sales manager and a horsepower freak (like me) thats owns/races/shows his various sports cars. I am convinced that I got a good deal on my last two vehicles bought from him.

Also, you may want to check Healy Ford in downtown Edmonton, they seem to sell a ton of stangs so they must be doing something right, I haven't dealt with them other than for parts though.

Quick Reply: Alberta/Saskatchewan - Best Dealer for $$$$