Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DualLiner vs Ford Drop In

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DualLiner vs Ford Drop In

Good afternoon, all. I have a 2015 XLT Sport SuperCrew with nothing currently in the bed. I've made the choice to go with a liner instead of a spray-in, and am now trying to decide between the DualLiner (very highly reviewed here) and the Ford One-Piece Drop-In direct from the dealer. This truck is my daily driver and not a work truck, so the bed is usually empty with the occasional load from weekend trips to Lowes or Home Depot.

Does anyone have experience with the Ford liner? With it being $110 cheaper than the DualLiner, is there a reason I wouldn't go with it given what my potential usage is?

Thanks to all in advance for your opinions.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:43 AM
Not familiar how good is the Ford Liner but the Dualliner on buddy's bed been looking great for about 6 months now being a weekend loader too!

Old 08-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had both (current is Ford drop-in) and Duraliner on a previous truck.
The Ford liner developed a crack at each forward corner nearest the cab within 9 months. The selling dealer stated they do not warrant "accessories" so was/am stuck with the cracked liner. It doesn't really hinder the use for me, plus I have a fiberglass cap/shell sitting on top of it.
The duraliner I never had an issue with cracking or other defects. It did seem like higher quality material overall.
Probably didn't help much, just my .02.
BTW, I often will see drop-in liners going for real cheap on Craigs.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Thanks, wolverine08. I hadn't thought about the lack of a warranty on accessories. The DualLiner looks like the right way to go. I've placed the order and will update when I get it.

Last edited by rhdad42; 08-01-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Then if you're not always hauling cargo, just get a rug and cut it to fit. Far more affordable if you're not going to beat things up.

Old 08-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another option: Since you don't use the bed much, just buy a bed mat (for about $80) and spend the money you saved on something else for your truck.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 08-03-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Got all three sort of. The '07 had a like new Line-X spray in when purchased, I wanted to protect it so bought a rubber like bed mat at TSC on sale and trimmed close, then decided ..... well, "would be nice to slide loads in" when a buddy offered a discarded SB drop in he no longer used, was correct length too. Trimmed sides off, left head wall and sides that go up beside inner fenders, notched and tied in on top of mat.

All this under a "Undercover" .... but so far "cheap". One day at a shop I noticed a pile of stuff to be burned, three drop ins laying there. Asked, man said take them as he was gonna burn them. I returned with PU and sawsall and soon had a nice floor for my trailer and a nice big plastic piece to slide under a vehicle when working on the ground and I cut one bed liner into two strips to tie inside my trailer's sides as desired.

Drop in in my '77 is 25 years old and still holds water .... I did replate the bed with 11 gage steel years ago as oem rusted badly..

Old 08-18-2016, 03:39 AM
For a bed mat, I recommend Bedrug. It s durable and easy to clean.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Just a question since it has been a LONG time since I had a truck instead of a SUV.

The liner seems to be $399 consistently and Line-X quoted $499 for my Screw. I thought that the sprayed liners worked better in the long run. Am I wrong?

Dan

Old 09-17-2016, 02:41 PM
I have a Ford drop-in bedliner in my 2004 SuperCrew and I have had no issues, and no cracks in it.

mikebaby

Old 09-17-2016, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info - I *think* I have decided to get a bed rug and spend the money on upgrades to the shell I want (roof rack for a kayak...) since I really don't do a lot of hauling stuff that could really damage the paint in the bed. The reason for getting the truck is to pull a travel trailer. After a bunch of years of using timeshares and such we are going to do some quieter trips.

Quick Reply: DualLiner vs Ford Drop In