Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-x vs. Rhino vs. Toff

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, wrong again. LINE-X and Rhino are both EPA exempt. No problem spraying polyurea or polyurethane anywhere.

Seriously, Spray-Linings (epoxy), Scorpian, Speedliner, and Superliner are not even in the same league as LINE-X or Rhino.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to throw in that after 9 years, my Rhino lining has taken all of the abuse I've given it. Rocks, shovels, whatever. Not chips, cracks or whatever. I think a big factor in deciding on a brand (after nationwide lifetime warranty coverage) is whether you want a more rubbery and less slippery surface, or a shinier, more slippery surface. I preferred stuff not slide around in the bed, so chose the Rhino. Others like being able to slide stuff in and out of the bed easier and go with Line-X. I think there are enough owners who have either brand to attest to their long-term durability.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by timhood
Just wanted to throw in that after 9 years, my Rhino lining has taken all of the abuse I've given it. Rocks, shovels, whatever. Not chips, cracks or whatever. I think a big factor in deciding on a brand (after nationwide lifetime warranty coverage) is whether you want a more rubbery and less slippery surface, or a shinier, more slippery surface. I preferred stuff not slide around in the bed, so chose the Rhino. Others like being able to slide stuff in and out of the bed easier and go with Line-X. I think there are enough owners who have either brand to attest to their long-term durability.
The Rhino product that you purchased nine years ago, Tuff Stuff (which was their only bedliner product at the time), is no longer advertised on Rhino's website. Why do you think that is?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 AM
Because they call it Tough Grip now. And its even better than Tough Stuff because its an aliphatic and doesnt fade like the older version, tough stuff.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

I've been satisfied with my Line-X so far. I've had it for a year and a half. IMO there are a lot of great products out there...just go with a reputable installer that fits your budget. FWIW, A lot of issues that I've seen with spray in liners haven't really been materials based anyway, they've come about because of poor installation.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by mo2cros
Because they call it Tough Grip now. And its even better than Tough Stuff because its an aliphatic and doesnt fade like the older version, tough stuff.
Tuff Grip is not aliphatic, it's still aromatic. Tuff Grip is Tuff Stuff that has been modified for a high pressure system. The technical specs are better than Tuff Stuff, so you are correct on that point.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 04-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM
all of you are dirty as hell. Too much marketing just talk to the people like they work for you or are spraying it their self. Explain it just like you would to an employee doing bedliners.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 AM
That's not the Tuff Grip that they use for truck beds, you're looking in the industrial section, not the "vehicle protection" section. There are several Tuff Grip products like Tuff Grip 11-90, Tuff Grip 21-90, etc.

The Tuff Grip for truck beds is in the link below. Notice it states that colors are available with a UV topcoat which would not be necessary if it were aliphatic.

http://liners.rhinolinings.com/en/products/tuffgrip

Last edited by TruckGasm; 04-17-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:01 PM
2 Different Companies

I live in Texas and learned that TOFF actually has two companies. The one in the picture is based in Houston and uses that logo. The original company that apparently uses a different chemical is based in Dallas. Thats who I had my truck sprayed with. They added my truck to their website, linked below:

Originally Posted by TruckGasm
I used to know a lot about Toff because when they downsized in my area, I hired one of their sales reps. It's been a few years ago though.

In my area, Toff has virtually no retail business anymore. We used to repair Toff bedliners quite a bit, but I don't even see any around town anymore. One exception: We repaired a Toff bedliner a few weeks ago, but that's the first I've seen in a long time. Toff did what Rhino did: Modified their product for high pressure, but it's still mostly polyurethane and not as strong as LINE-X.

Toff is cheap, that's why a lot truck dealerships use them. Many truck dealerships want the cheapest bedliner in order to maximize their profit. No surprise there! Just remember one thing: You buy cheap, you get cheap.

This is a Toff bedliner that used to be a blue color match, but it's totally faded now.

This is the Toff that we repaired a few weeks ago. The bedliner had disintigrated. I've never seen a disintigrated bedliner this bad before!

Pretty darn thin. 40 mils is about the thickness of a dime. The bedliner on the floor should be about 125 mils.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by jasonearl2003
I live in Texas and learned that TOFF actually has two companies. The one in the picture is based in Houston and uses that logo. The original company that apparently uses a different chemical is based in Dallas. Thats who I had my truck sprayed with. They added my truck to their website, linked below
Well, maybe, but that would be rather odd. TOFF is owned by Artlux and I can't see Artlux supplying different chemicals to different locations. Yes, Artlux supplied the chemicals.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:02 PM
You sure do seem to know a lot about each parent company. Im starting to doubt the cleanliness of your posts. Id say always do your research on each INSTALLER! Forget the brand name and make sure they produce quality.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:21 PM

You sure do seem to know a lot about each parent company. Im starting to doubt the cleanliness of your posts. Id say always do your research on each INSTALLER! Forget the brand name and make sure they produce quality.
He owns the Dallas Line-X, so it's pretty much his job to know who's using what product.

Not saying you did this on purpose, but it's pretty odd that you joined the forum and your very first post was on a bedliner thread and you're question him, when you could easily be a Toff employee or something. Your post(s) haven't overtly suggested anything of that nature, just bringing it to your attention.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 02-17-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:53 PM
I know a lot about Toff for several reasons, but the main reason is because when Toff downsized in the DFW area, they layed off their salesperson and myself and two other LINE-X dealers hired him. He was with me for about a year the then moved on to the oil/gas industry.

Toff created some really neat opportunities, but they all eventually failed. I'm speaking of the A3D business and the Ford licensed product deal.

Forget the brand name and make sure they produce quality.
I say DON'T forget the brand name and yes, you should check out the quality of the applicator's work. Bedliner products are not all the same and not all applicators know what they're doing. That's most especially true today, there are cartridge based bedliners and any store with an air compressor can spray them. The store gets little or no training and that's really bad news for the consumer. Interestingly, some people with go with the other guy because they're cheaper. Then, they come to us when they have problems.

Like this: I don't remember what brand of bedliner this was, but there was NO prep done before they sprayed it. Sure was easy to strip out!

Last edited by TruckGasm; 02-17-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had my 2006 truck new since december of 2005. When we signed the papers, my wife had the dealership drop it off and had a linex liner sprayed in. We didn't get the premium so its faded some. over the years, I don't want to use the word abuse. Lets just say I don't baby my truck. My truck bed as seen everything from loose gravel, to engine parts not strapped down, to caustic chemicals spilling. one day I will have to purchase a new truck. That truck will get a bed liner. IF ITS NOT LINEX, IT AIN'T GOING ON MY TRUCK!!!!!!!
I don't care what it cost. If its going on my truck IT BETTER SAY LINEX.

Quick Reply: Line-x vs. Rhino vs. Toff