Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line-x vs. Rhino vs. Toff

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope, not totally correct:

1. LINE-X Premium is not "paint". It's an aliphatic polyurea. Also, it does not contain any solvents and it's not water based.

2. Polyurethane is generally less expensive than polyurea. However, both polyurethane and polyurea (a hybrid bedliner) gives the bedliner desirable properties. For example, polyurethane has 2 to 3 times the abrasion resistance of polyurea. Bedliners that are 100% aromatic polyurea, such as Full Metal Jacket, are hard as a "freakin" rock, it's way too hard for a truck bedliner (I think it's close to Shore D 60).

3. There are lots of urethane based aliphatic topcoats. However, most of them are not durable enough for truck beds. I'll challenge you find a topcoat that's more durable than either LINE-X Xtra or LINE-X Premium.

4. Just to clarify for the forum members, Full Metal Jacket is NOT bullet proof!

5. LINE-X has several 100% polyurea products, but we don't recommend them for truck bedliners, a hybrid is a better choice. However, we do use 100% polyurea for other applications such as the vertical sections of forklift forks and forklift guards, here is LINE-X XS-350 (100% polyurea):
Name:  Forks1.jpg
Views: 3578
Size:  124.6 KB

Name:  Fliftgrate1.jpg
Views: 4331
Size:  153.4 KB

Here's another 100% polyurea product, it can be poured instead of sprayed, pretty cool, eh? And, no, it's not a moisture cure/solvent based product.:
Name:  CU400c.jpg
Views: 4049
Size:  418.2 KB

Name:  CU400a.jpg
Views: 3516
Size:  452.6 KB

Last edited by TruckGasm; 07-27-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow...I just downloaded Full Metal Jacket's technical data sheet from SPI's website. Suprisingly, the tear strength is only 470 pli (ASTM D 624), that's not very good for a 100% polyurea product. LINE-X XS-350's tear strength is 783 pli (ASTM D 624), that's 67% stronger!

It doesn't seem like Hi-Tech is so high tech.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm late for the gang bang but Line X or nothing at all! I paid up for Line-X Xtra and it is well worth it. When I see others with their ugly faded grey truck beds I know mine isn't going to look like that.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

LINEX is an amazing product ..

Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Talking Pure polyurea

At a thousand bucks less a drum set i can see why you would make an attempt to try and say that hibryds are better than pure polyurea.

I did note however that you said that you do use pure polyurea on things that get abused like forklift skids. I wonder why u did that. And yes Our pure poly is hard Thats why it works on fork lift skids. It also has a high elasticity so it doesnt chip. Your photos and numbers were so impressive that you gave yourself away, Quite emotional arent you? Or is it just that LINE-NO OR RHINE-X own this sight or at least regulate it regularly with your fox news like propaganda tactics.

Also i have noticed a frightening LineX trend as of late, maybe because of the economy. We have had LineX customers come to us with tore up liners from you guys all faded and extremely thin. And were told by our local linex that they would have to leave their trucks there for several days. Nice asterisk to add to your "nationwide warranty" You guys are going to ruin the market for guys like us. Do you think these people will ever come back for another liner from you or anyone else if they have been ripped off? Shame on you . By the way, Since we always move to better products when we find them, we now use VERSAFLEX FSS 50DM. Time to get back on the internet Timmy and see if you can badmouth this GREAT product or their topcoats. Good luck.

Last edited by mo2cros; 11-17-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Oh i forgot, anyone want one of these great liners and your in socal call hi-tech liners we will give you thee best liner pe
Old 11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mine just has the standard Line-X spray job. It's faded a bit, but it's all good as long as it holds up. Got it done back in September of 08.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by mo2cros
At a thousand bucks less a drum set i can see why you would make an attempt to try and say that hibryds are better than pure polyurea.

I did note however that you said that you do use pure polyurea on things that get abused like forklift skids. I wonder why u did that. And yes Our pure poly is hard Thats why it works on fork lift skids. It also has a high elasticity so it doesnt chip. Your photos and numbers were so impressive that you gave yourself away, Quite emotional arent you? Or is it just that LINE-NO OR RHINE-X own this sight or at least regulate it regularly with your fox news like propaganda tactics.

Also i have noticed a frightening LineX trend as of late, maybe because of the economy. We have had LineX customers come to us with tore up liners from you guys all faded and extremely thin. And were told by our local linex that they would have to leave their trucks there for several days. Nice asterisk to add to your "nationwide warranty" You guys are going to ruin the market for guys like us. Do you think these people will ever come back for another liner from you or anyone else if they have been ripped off? Shame on you . By the way, Since we always move to better products when we find them, we now use VERSAFLEX FSS 50DM. Time to get back on the internet Timmy and see if you can badmouth this GREAT product or their topcoats. Good luck.
Somebody is having a bad day?

After almost 1,500 posts, everyone knows who I am, it's not a secret at all. You have only 2 posts, how about visiting the forum more often?

Here's some pics everyone might enjoy from SEMA:

LINE-X XS-650 on the Storm Chaser's Dominator vehicle (actually, they have two of them.)
Name:  Dom1.jpg
Views: 3732
Size:  128.2 KB

Storm Chaser's chase vehicle, Ford Raptor with LINE-X Premium, won a SEMA award.
Name:  RaptorSEMA2011.jpg
Views: 5277
Size:  118.4 KB

Last edited by TruckGasm; 11-17-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Line-X for the win!

VersaFlex FSS 50DM is a two-component polyurea elastomer spray coating material. It is not a pure polyurea. It only has a tear strength of 390 pli. Line-X XS-350 is 783.

Last edited by Norm; 11-18-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Line-X is the way to go.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Let me ask you guys a question. Do you know who Dudley Primeaux is? I'll wait.......

Old 11-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Let me ask you guys a question. Do you know who Dudley Primeaux is? I'll wait.......
your Daddy?

Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM

I have both products on my truck and as of now, neater are more advanced than the other. they got put on 2 weeks apart, line-x first, then rhino. I have line-x on bumpers, fender flares, and rhino in bed and N-Fab bars. As of now they both look Identical. neater have faded. the biggest difference is rhino has a more rubber feeling, items slide less on rhino than the line-x. Eather product is good IMO

I will be using rhino for my off road bumpers, when I get them, so that they are less slippery.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Also the numers on line x website says the tear ply or tear strength is 497 (which is a little higher than ours), not 783. And the elongation was a pitiful 82% Compared to versaflex fss 50 dm's 250%. Its no contest.
I hope you guys dont spray that on anything bigger than a truck bed cuz it wont last, aka ponds, decks, It just doesnt have enough elasticity. Just walking on a deck with that sprayed on it could likely crack it. And as we all know ALL decks move. And just the slightest move would cause a failure. And that would reflect badly on all of us. It just doesnt have enough elasticity. But hey i know its cheaper for u guys and you have to pay every month for that line x name so you got make that money up somewhere. Im sure linex makes a higher elongation material than 82%. But are they really using it considering its much higher cost? (Especially cosidering the individual vendor has to pay the difference himself.) I hope so. Also someone said FSS 50 DM is not a pure Polyurea. I wonder, What is your definition of pure polyurea? hint, Dudley Primeaux knows.

Nice photos from the sema show. though. I had a blast! I thought whoever sprayed the raptor did a good job. Sorry i didnt get to meet truckgasm at the booth though.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 PM
LINE-X has 20 or so products, not just one. You can read about most of them on my website.

Also on my website, you can read and download many LINE-X case studies.

LINE-X XS-350 has a tear strength of 783 ppi per ASTM 624.

Regarding your comments about ponds and decks: No offense, but LINE-X has probably been spraying decks and ponds before you were even born.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 11-21-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Hi-Tech Liners = Pure Polyurea

Dudley Primeaux is the guy who developed pure polyurea way back in the day apparentley before i was born. He is the man!
And he is still working for a great company to this day. Guess where, Versaflex.. And btw Norm, its as pure as it gets. Old Dudley wouldnt even make a hybrid, cuz in His words "we dont even mess around with that crap"

Line x has been around since 1999. Hi-Tech liners has been around since 1999. So no offense taken.

Quick Reply: Line-x vs. Rhino vs. Toff