Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cover and spray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cover and spray?

Hello everyone, new to the forum, just picked up my 2011 F-150 XLT (coming from a 2003 nissan x-terra-hated it). I am loving this thing, it does everything including fit my family comfortable (one child seat in the back of extended cab) just gotta get used to getting in and out of the wawa parking lot (thing is big).
Was reading about covers and liners, and was wondering what everybody thought about a cover and a spray liner, is this overkill? Im thinking I want to keep the truck as nice as possible for as long as possible. Mainly going to use the bed for hauling my sportbike, the occasional mulch pickup, stuff like that. I know I definetly want a cover but not sure if I still need a liner as well?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Old 04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't consider it overkill because they both serve different functions.

The liner will keep your bed in good shape and the cover will keep your stuff protected from the elements.

Don't underestimate a tonneau cover. I've got one and I've never had a drop of water in my bed. They're also great for hiding stuff. Most crooks don't bother undoing the tonneau cover to look in the bed in Wal-Mart parking lot.

A good spray on bedliner will look the same for years without having to worry about what you throw in the bed. Line-X seems to be the preferred brand on the forum.

Good Luck with your new truck!!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:21 PM
thanks for the input Blacknback, ordered the tonneau Truxedo Lo Pro QT today and a BEDRUG Mat, going to see how that works, I can always upgrade to a spray in the future. I'll try to post some pics when I everything together, assembly looks like a snap.

Last edited by onerugrat; 04-01-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I love the LoProQT, this truck is my fourth and all of them have had tonneau covers. As far as the spray in liner goes, get one! I love mine and even had the rear wheel wells sprayed. Pricey, but def worth it and all I haul is the standard home owner stuff.... occasional lumber, mulch, stone, etc. Congrats on the new rig! You will love it.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:02 AM
line-x it! my uncle has it in his silverado and its great, never gets damaged and looks great!

Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Line-x is tough as nails and really holds up well. One issue is that if you are a hunter and get blood, etc., in the texture it takes a bit of doing to powerwash it out. I once made the mistake of skinning a bear on my tailgate...two days later the grease turned rancid. Whole truck stunk to high heaven and had to use a heated power washer for nearly 3 hours because the bear grease was VERY waterproof. New truck...wife not impressed...

My '97 was not line-x'd and just had a rubber bed mat. I think I'm going that way with my next truck.

I've had the same Truxedo lo-pro for 7 trouble free years. Good product in my experience. Hope your's holds up too!

Ed

Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
If you go with the Line-X bed liner make sure you get Line-X Xtra. It will keep the glossy finish much longer than standard Line-X will. It is also able to be color matched if you want it the same color as the rest of the truck.

I've had Line-X in the back of both my 2008 F150 and my 2005 Dakota. Both have had battery acid spilled in them. Both of them washed out with a bit of water with no damage.

I've also used the bed of my truck to haul mulch several times with no damage. The nice part is that if there is ever any problem with the Line-X I can just drive to the dealer right up the street and they will fix it free of charge.

The only problem that I've I've had with my Line-X is that I didn't get the Xtra and it has now faded to a lighter black than when it was new. Some day I might get it resprayed.

I also have the TruXedo Lo Pro QT cover and love it. I like how I can removed the roll in a few seconds by my self to have the full length of the bed if needed. Also, the rails on either side are only held on by 3 bolts each so if you need the full width too you can remove those in a few minutes. It's just as easy to put everything back on as well.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
another option is Bedrug....I luv it and haul steel, wood, acr parts, etc in my truck.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I just got Line-X Xtra this past weekend on my truck and it looks great. No regrets, I saw another truck accessory store offering spray in liners for about $350 and they said it was an Extreme Liner. For that price I figured I'd just pay the extra and go with what's proven.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You made the right decision, here's why:

1. Xtreme Liner is aromatic (will fade), LINE-X Xtra won't. And, Xtreme does not have a product like Xtra.

2. LINE-X offers a nationwide limited lifetime warranty. Xtreme does not.

3. LINE-X dealers are better trained for protective coatings applications.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 04-11-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Man I've had a couple of truck's with spray on bed liners and I would never do it again. Cargo slides all over and the sun fade is garbage. I've got a DualLiner truck bed liner in my truck, you can pull the bed mat up and see that it looks just like new even after two years! I'm a DualLiner guy for life!!! http://www.dualliner.com

Old 05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dual Liner sides are made of plastic like a drop-in bedliner. The floor is a rubber mat. The price is double for the combo.

Quick Reply: Cover and spray?