Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DualLiner - Best Bed Protection Option?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DualLiner - Best Bed Protection Option?

I have been looking for a bed protection option for a while now for my new 2010 Harley Davidson F150 and have found something I think some of you guys might like. Let me start from the beginning. I have leased my last 2 F150's. First a 2005 and most recently a 2008. For the 05 I bought a factory Ford drop-in and reused it in the 08. Each time I removed it from the truck I found the paint under it all scuffed up. I didnt exactly mind as each time I was giving the truck back to Ford. Well, now I am purchasing the truck and not leasing it. I dont want to scratch the Lava red as I plan to keep this truck for a very long time. I like the Plastic for its ability to prevent dents. I also like the fact its not permanate. I like the bed rug (I think) but dont like the way its a rug....just doesnt sit well with me...and I dont like the idea of it getting stained. I know you guys out there will say yours isnt stained but lets face it, it will eventually happen (like each spring when I get a load of fresh red mulch). I dont like the spray in liner because cleaning it from the said mulch is a chore. I also dont like the way it will not prevent dents and how some brands fade (some say it wont but some say it will). Today I found a bed liner system from DualLiner and was immediately sold. It is a five piece system which has 4 exact molded plastic pieces (one for front wall, one for each side and one for tailgate) and a thick steel belt linned rubber mat which completes the puzzle for a perfect and complete protection....imo that is. This way I am not permanately covering my paint, getting dent protection AND no sliding due to the rubber mat. I spoke to a woman at DualLiner today and she assured me that it will fit my 2010 and that even after I slightly modify the side wall pieces to fit my stowable bed extender they will still offer me a lifetime warranty. I for one think this is the best of both worlds for bed protection and have one ordered. They sell for around $369 online but I found it at xtremediesel.com for $320 shipped!! Check it out at dualliner.com and also watch video's of it. I dont think you will be dissappointed.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Sounds good to me.

Best IMHO however, the most fool proof system, is a spray in under a drop in.

Or like my '77, 11 gage floor and front wall over stock, couple gallons paint, and a drop in.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
I agree that a spray in under a drop in is double your protection but it's also double the blow to your wallet! For just $320ish I believe the DualLiner takes the cake for bang for your buck.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:11 PM
i had one in my truck and it was great. It's not really new around here though, there is a member here who works for dualliner.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:11 PM
IMO you get what you pay for.

I payed 425 for my Line-X and it's the best thing I've ever had.

You mentioned in your first post that you thought cleaning it form mulch would be a pain. I can say from personal experience that is just not true. I used my truck to move 6 yards of mulch (2 trips) during the summer and when I finished that day the bed cleaned out in 5 minutes with a normal hose.

I looked at their system and the install videos and it looks like you could have the same issue with it rubbing on the paint and doing damage and once that happens you are going to start having the bed rust out.

Line-X prevent damage to the bed as well, I use my truck on a weekly basis to move my riding mower and there is only minor damage to the liner with the bed completely fine so far.

Another testament to the durability of Line-X is when I had my 2005 Dodge Dakota I had the battery from my 86 Camaro riding around abck there for about a month and one day when I opened the bed I saw that the battery had cracked and leaked Acid all over the liner. When I got home and cleaned it up the liner was completely undamaged. There were marks in the chrome bumper though where the acid had dripped off.

Also with Line-X if you pay a little extra you get an additional layer called Xtra which will keep it's shine longer pretty much for ever..

Old 10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
There is no argument on my part about spray in liners being the best for rust protection. If I had a pile of money lying around I would do both. Spray ins just don't stop dents and thats my ONLY problem with them. When I spoke to the woman at DualLiner she said that scuffing of the paint does not happen because the system is a component setup and not a 1 piece deal. When the one piece moves around it rubs as a whole unit and the components will move individually. I am sure it may scuff but nowhere as much as a one piece. I am going to use stick on felt on the bottom of each piece where it touches the bed to try and prevent that. Anyway, Thats my story and I am sticking to it

Old 10-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hoss66
i had one in my truck and it was great. It's not really new around here though, there is a member here who works for dualliner.
That would be Bryndon.

It's nice to have choices! Spray-ons, Bedrug, drop-ins, Dualliner, they all have their pros and cons.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
That would be Bryndon.

It's nice to have choices! Spray-ons, Bedrug, drop-ins, Dualliner, they all have their pros and cons.
I was actually talking about jesse, i forgot bryndon was on here.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I would never put mulch or any such thing in a 2010 ford harley

Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by HDizzle
I would never put mulch or any such thing in a 2010 ford harley
Well, I will try and avoid doing this but I did buy a truck after all. This truck is the best looking one I have ever seen but I will have to use it sometimes to do this. At least thats what I told my wife anyway when trying to convince her to let me get the HD Edition

Old 01-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I too own a 2010 F-150 H-D in Lava Red. Beautiful truck, especially the interior.
Love the deployable running boards, and AWD function. (AWD only avail. on the H-D version)

I looked at all the options for bedliners and decided on Line-X again, but this time with Color-Match. With the Color-Match, or the addition of their protection coating, the color will not fade, and looks as good as the day they sprayed it in.

I stayed with the spray-in mainly due to the added resale value and great looks, plus all the stenciling and graphics options available.

Had a D-L in my F-250, and I liked it, BUT eventually replaced it with Line-X.
The plastic on the front and rear panels are just too thin to really help with dent prevention, unless you actually hit one of the rib features, or the load is wide enough to distribute the load. Dents still happen, you just don't see them until you remove the liner. (I guess that is a benefit over spray-in's) This also includes the areas around the wheel wells.

The real problem with these types of liners is that they are "Loose" pieces, and they are made of plastic and rubber. Both have very bad properties when not physically bonded to the bed. They both wick and trap moisture, causing rust and abrasion. They sweat, again a moisture problem. At least a rubber floor mat, like the one that came with your H-D isn't interlocked with the side panels. This allows air flow under the mat (via box channels on the floor), this helps to equalize temperature a moisture creation.

Plastic has a terrible property, it lies in their "thermal coefficient of expansion". Plastic expands and contracts (a lot), add this to moisture, dust and debris, and you have a virtual, automated sanding machine. No matter how well they think they have built it, it will cause paint wear and rust, and will not eliminate "ALL" dents. I know, because I actually removed one. They all do it.

Best bet, IMHO, is to spray-in, then put your H-D mat back in (rubber for load retention/slippage).
Best tip: Make sure heavy loads are tied down properly, and for those "nuisance"
loads, the one that like to roll around, or suffle, just build yourself an inter-locking "perimeter" type box-frame out of wood (2 x 12's if need be). It's cheap and can be dis-assembled/stored. This will prevent almost all dents due to load distribution, used only when needed, thus keeping your ride looking nice - which is the reason you bought the H-D, at least my reason for buying.

Good luck, and best wishes on your NEW beautiful truck.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
BedRug has the new BedTred out now which is NOT carpet and after spray-ins in my past 2 trucks and BedRugs in at least 4 trucks before that I am going with the new BedTred in my Lariat. Might be worth a look before dropping the Dual Liner in. Found a good source for the BedTred that puts it a little less than a spray in.

Super cool look on the 2 tone spray-in on the HD!!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Very Very Sharp!, both vehicles.
What year is that black 2-tone H-D?
Did it come with a front license plate bracket?
My 2010 F-150 H-D did not - Ford engineers didn't think it was important enough.
Still trying to figure out a viable solution that doesn't degrade the looks.
If anyone knows of a 2010 H-D owner who has successfully done this, please let me know.

Checking into the BedTred - haven't heard of that one before.
Is this fairly new on the market?

Quick Reply: DualLiner - Best Bed Protection Option?