Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Liner, Line X, Herculiner? Which One?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man they sure are proud of that line-x. $449.00 for standard black, and if I want to color match and get the extra add $200.00 to that. That is getting a little rediculous in my opinion. It does look great though. Have not priced the Rhino Liner yet, so it might be just as much.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Line X is the way to go. We have built many Early Ford Broncos at our shop and have sent rigs out to be sprayed. After a year of dealing with Rhino linner and seeing what they looked like a year later we switched to Line X and our customers are really happy. We have never had a complaint with line X.

By the way we tried some of the doi it your self products on some of our own off road broncos. It is a waste of time and effort.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best is rarely inexpensive.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
I know exactly what your talking about regarding the texture. A lot of that was due to the not-so-good Probler P1 spray gun, which at one time, was best one on the market. Later, Graco came out with the Fusion gun which was a HUGE improvement. Now, the Probler P2 is out and is supposed to be better than the Fusion. I have a Fusion and I just bought a P2, it's sitting here in a box. Breakdown requires a 9/32 wrench which is NOT easily found. I had to order one off the internet. As soon as it gets here, I'm hooking up the P2.

We recently finished this project. BTW, it's got a LT1 Vette engine. Look at the back window: "HUM THIS", Funny!

Before:

After with silver LINE-X Xtra; black Xtra on the grill guards, steps, and wheel wells.

any other info on that

Old 02-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Xtremeliner!!! Same quality as line-x, but less expensive. Only comes in black though

Old 02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Extreme is not a bad product, but I don't think you have factual information in order to make that comment. If you do, let's hear it.

If it's less expensive, it MIGHT be so because it's not as high of a quality.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 02-18-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Extreme is not a bad product, but I don't think you have factual information in order to make that comment.

If it's less expensive, it MIGHT be so because it's not as high of a quality.
Show me factual info that says otherwise.

I know a few guys with Extreme in their truck and it's held up great, still looks great. Also know 1 guy with a LINE-X, they look about the same after just under 2 years.

This is real life testing with ATVS in the bed and being rough on 'em with heavy loads. Same guy sprayed my Extreme that sprayed their's. It's largely in who sprays this stuff on your truck and the preparation.

My opinion may not be factual to you, or anyone else for that matter. But from what I've seen first hand, they both hold up about the same. I'm sure you could find cases from every company where they have chipped, or had issues.

Last edited by Texan Aviator; 02-18-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 AM
OK, I think we are thinking on two different levels. Your level is, "Hey, looks just as good and it holds up well".

My level is, who makes the Extreme chemicals (Extreme probably does not, so where do they buy it from?) How well was the resin synthesized and how well does the isocyanate crosslink with the resin? What are the technical specifications of Extreme using ASTM test methods, such as tear strength, temperature tolerance, and taber abrasion? Those types of attributes lead to the aspects of your level and those types of attributes lead to the decision of which product is actually "better". So, that's what I was referring to in my previous post.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner, Line X, Herculiner? Which One?