Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhino Liner, Line X, Herculiner? Which One?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to clarify:

OSHA has adopted NFPA 33: Spray Application Using Flammable or Combustible Materials. Even with the Limited Finishing Station provisions, there can be no component with a flash point below 100 degrees F. Ethyl acetate, the solvent in Speedliner's primer and bedliner product, has a flash point of 24 degrees F. So, that means that Speedliner, Superliner, and Scorpian dealers must be in a full spray booth. I personally emailed Speedliner and asked if their dealers had to be in a full OSHA spray booth. They did not respond to my email, at all.

Anyone can buy and use Kevlar. However, LINE-X is the only Dupont authorized user of Kevlar for spray-on bedliners. That information comes from a Dupont representive that I have personally met and discussed the matter with.

LINE-X color matches are pigmented throughout the entire thickness also.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 02-07-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I am mostly concerned about whether or not this is a good product. However, since its been brought up, the business that does the application is mainly a paint and body shop that has been in business for a very long time,so I am sure they can comply with whatever regulations are needed. Having said that, I happened to be talking to a guy here at work this morning and mentioned this to him. He said that he has had this same business line two of his trucks with Speedliner and he has been extremely satisfied with it. We went out to the parking lot and looked at the lining in his truck which was done 3 years ago. It still looks very good even though he uses the truck to haul landscaping supplies (side job) constantly. I still haven't decided for sure who to go with so any more opinions will be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
If you decide on Speedliner, I suggest you try to look at the dealer's actual work. I think The_Beast will agree that getting a low pressure product to look good is much more difficult than a high pressure product. When Rhino was low pressure, I rarely saw two Rhinos that actually looked alike.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Thumbs up GO W/Line-X

I have had it on all of my trucks, I clean pools. Nothing ever hurt it. Its a little up there in cost but your paying for what you get. It goes on HOT not Cold like a lot of othere companies.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
It has been 2 years since I last sprayed and I would imagine the new OSHA regulations were implemented in that time.

And to add to TruckGasm it is very difficult to get a good uniform look with a low pressure system. You have to have a person doing the spraying that cares about what they are doing and pays attention to detail. It gets much easier the more you do, but that is the same with anything you do.

FWIW between the 2 I would just look at both, go to both shops look at their work and talk to the person doing the work and then make up your mind. For me I would be fine with either one. I never really liked the Line-X personally because it didn't have much texture and cured extremely hard and had big pores form in it. But from some of Gasm's pics they have remedied all this and keeps a more rubbery texture after curing.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I know exactly what your talking about regarding the texture. A lot of that was due to the not-so-good Probler P1 spray gun, which at one time, was best one on the market. Later, Graco came out with the Fusion gun which was a HUGE improvement. Now, the Probler P2 is out and is supposed to be better than the Fusion. I have a Fusion and I just bought a P2, it's sitting here in a box. Breakdown requires a 9/32 wrench which is NOT easily found. I had to order one off the internet. As soon as it gets here, I'm hooking up the P2.

We recently finished this project. BTW, it's got a LT1 Vette engine. Look at the back window: "HUM THIS", Funny!

Before:
Name:  Blazer3.jpg
Views: 5142
Size:  83.4 KB

Name:  Blazer1.jpg
Views: 4893
Size:  100.5 KB

After with silver LINE-X Xtra; black Xtra on the grill guards, steps, and wheel wells.
Name:  Blazer12.jpg
Views: 6517
Size:  117.3 KB

Name:  Blazer9.jpg
Views: 4806
Size:  114.6 KB

Last edited by TruckGasm; 02-08-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 PM
That I like. I got a '78 Chevy truck I am gonna start a frame off on here in the next year or so. I especially like the Stull full front grilles on this model Chevy.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Again, thanks for the information. Too bad I don't live in Texas or I would definently bring my truck to your shop truckgasm. Looks like you guys do some good work. I think I will do as suggested and visit the shop right after they lined a truck and check out the texture. I found out over the weekend that they do quite a bit of work for a local Ford dealer so I feel pretty good that their quality of work must be good.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Thumbs up Line-X RoCkS!!!

But WOW... Never seen a whole truck done...

Looks AWESOME though x2

Is there any thing you can't spray?!?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I appreciate that.

There's not a whole lot we can't spray anymore. We've got a couple of special primers to use, if necessary, that allow us to spray on practially anything.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Wow, I wish I could get you to spray some line-x on my new truck, truckgasm, your work looks awesome. You can really tell from your posts you know what your selling and care about it.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:54 PM
what kind of price would you be looking at do you guys think for a 6.5 bed and the two tone portion all the way around the truck including the bumpers. Just curious as to if anyone could give me a guesstament cause its a good drive to a rhino or line x dealer and they cant say over the phone. Im hoping somewhere around $300 or less.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Are you asking for a price for the truck's bed, rocker panels, and both bumpers in a color match?

Old 02-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Thanks, I appreciate that.

There's not a whole lot we can't spray anymore. We've got a couple of special primers to use, if necessary, that allow us to spray on practially anything.
I've seen on this site some guys have had there factory chrome running boards sprayed with line-x!! I like it...
From what you have seen does it hold up pretty well on those??

If you wouldn't mind please post more pics of your work!!! x2

It's a shame I'm in Chicago and wont beable to have you do any work for me.
But it is cool to see the work you've done!! It's a real talent...

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by TruckGasm
Are you asking for a price for the truck's bed, rocker panels, and both bumpers in a color match?
Not color match. Line xed or rhinoed in black. Any ideas on a price.

Quick Reply: Rhino Liner, Line X, Herculiner? Which One?