Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it to remove a Spray in Bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryndon
Xtreme 4x4 - 6 month old SuperDuty landscaper's truck - took a dented and faded bed and made it new again.
Do you know where to watch the episode?

Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 AM
The episode should be up on the our website shortly, I'm just waiting on the DVD from the PowerBlock. At the very least it will be up in mid-May... I have to be at the Tech Center in a week and a half and I'll hold their hand waiting for it! They avoided showing the bed beforehand - they were(are?) courting a spray company for other projects - frames, exo-cages, bumpers - and didn't want to offend them. The one we did on Trucks! is up on our site already.

As for SWAT shields... completely different needs on a shield than a truck bed - if something hits your shield, you would want it to slide right off

Is the shield the same mix as the bedliners? Or one of the higher tech (more expensive) industrial coatings?

Old 04-27-2007, 12:21 PM
What is the difference with line-X and the line-X Xtra? What kind of logo do you need, can I use just an FX4 sticker?

Old 04-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Bryndon, hopefully you can get in with them, that would be huge for you.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Xtra is actually more like a "top-coat" on top of the regular Line-X.. (correct me if I'm wrong Truckgasm).
The Xtra has higher UV protection against fading and is impregnated with Kevlar fiber. I haven't tried loading any pallets of sod, but I do haul around lawn mowers, rakes, shovels, lumber, etc. and I can't see even a scratch on mine. Plus they matched the medium wedgewood blue of my truck perfectly. \

As far as logos and such, I guess it depends on the dealer you use.. Truckgasm has pics of some he's done, they look incredible.. I'm sure it's just a question of masking the area when the liner's sprayed in.

Last edited by TexEdition; 04-28-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, you are correct. Except when Xtra is applied to warm freshly sprayed LINE-X, it actually migrates into the bedliner, sort of like if you were to drop a drop of water on a sponge, the concentration is higher towards the surface. I've seen microscopic cross sections from Dupont showing this. Pretty neat.....

Old 04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by dmontzsta
Bryndon, hopefully you can get in with them, that would be huge for you.
Next Sunday (the 6th) and the following Saturday is the Roush install... I am excited!!!

Old 04-14-2016, 06:08 PM
I need information please. Spray on line x

So long story short i traded my big gmc for a Lexus XR300 .. And the paint job is fine . but my husband has this idea to line x the whole car .. .. Can we ever go back to paint .. How heavy will that make the car .. Will it be hotter than the black paint thats on it now .. Should i tell him no . lol

Old 04-14-2016, 07:43 PM
LOL ,I just passed a parts place today that had a huge pile of new beds, near Scranton.I'm sure he had one to fit your truck !!
BTW don't try a DIY as those chemicals are terrible !

Old 04-15-2016, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by Kelly Stoker
So long story short i traded my big gmc for a Lexus XR300 .. And the paint job is fine . but my husband has this idea to line x the whole car .. .. Can we ever go back to paint .. How heavy will that make the car .. Will it be hotter than the black paint thats on it now .. Should i tell him no . lol
Wait wait wait.. Let me get this straight.. You had a big GMC, traded it in on a LEXUS, and come on a f-150 forum to see if you can line x the exterior

I feel like I missed something... But since we are so helpful here are my .02...
1- is the paint bad or beyond repair? If not, it's a bad idea.
2- is it a dedicated off road vehicle or a dd? I wouldn't want a dd coated.
3- are you prepared to fork out big $$? Expect to pay at least 2k+ to have it coated.
4- it must be uv resistant or it will fade and look like garbage.
5- it will only add nominal weight, not really enough to worry about.
6- going back to paint would be very expensive, as in you pay someone to media blast entire car and then repaint.

Now if you really want to go full ricer you could plasti dip the whole thing, which is removable. And there are multiple color options. I really have no idea the ins and outs of it.

P.S. Don't do it

Old 04-15-2016, 01:55 AM
And also thank you for joining to resurrect a nearly 10 year old thread.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Got me on this one!

Last edited by tbear853; 04-18-2016 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
Wait wait wait.. Let me get this straight.. You had a big GMC, traded it in on a LEXUS, and come on a f-150 forum to see if you can line x the exterior

I feel like I missed something... But since we are so helpful here are my .02...
1- is the paint bad or beyond repair? If not, it's a bad idea.
2- is it a dedicated off road vehicle or a dd? I wouldn't want a dd coated.
3- are you prepared to fork out big $$? Expect to pay at least 2k+ to have it coated.
4- it must be uv resistant or it will fade and look like garbage.
5- it will only add nominal weight, not really enough to worry about.
6- going back to paint would be very expensive, as in you pay someone to media blast entire car and then repaint.

Now if you really want to go full ricer you could plasti dip the whole thing, which is removable. And there are multiple color options. I really have no idea the ins and outs of it.

P.S. Don't do it
x10. OP wants to Line X the outside of a Lexus???? Have they even considered what that would do to the resale value? OR what it would look like? Frankly I think that that is about the WORST idea that I've heard all year! But it's THEIR money!

Old 04-19-2016, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
As far as I know there is no way to remove it.
Replace the whole bed? from a parts truck or a pick n pull

Old 04-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That's a good idea. Also sometimes you can pick up like new beds from companies that remove them and install service bodies. But finding a bed that will fit an older model truck might be a problem.

I don't think there is a PRACTICAL way to remove Line X. If there was, it would defeat the intended purpose of Line X which is, to stay there FOREVER!

Quick Reply: How hard is it to remove a Spray in Bedliner?