Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have a truxedo cover?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody have a truxedo cover?

Just got one today and I have to say I am very happy so far. I have been looking at the roll and lock as well as the Pace Edwards. Buddy of mine had both and switched to the tuxedo and says he gets no water leak and you don't loose any space in the bed when it is rolled up. Will have to see in a month if I still like it.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by carolina-06fx4
Just got one today and I have to say I am very happy so far. I have been looking at the roll and lock as well as the Pace Edwards. Buddy of mine had both and switched to the tuxedo and says he gets no water leak and you don't loose any space in the bed when it is rolled up. Will have to see in a month if I still like it.
I really liked mine, but I had to ditch it and move on to a full cap (Leer). I had one on my 98 but that I would try a tonneau on my new 06, but that only lasted about 2 months.

I will say it was a quality product (for the short time I had it). The only limitation I saw was that I had to roll it up to frequently.

Good luck with yours, I am sure you will like it. they definitely look good.

Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by carolina-06fx4
I just installed a Truxedo Lo Pro on my 06. So far, so good. Looks great.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:47 PM
Thumbs up

I had a TruXedo LoPro on my 2002 supercrew and loved it!! Sleek and watertight!!!

Liked it so much that the day I picked up my 06 FX4 supercrew I put the same thing on the new truck. . within 1 hour of leaving the dealer!!

Great Product!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
glad to hear positive comments. I didn't believe it was water tight but was proved wrong with rain and taking it through the car wash.

Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
mgraves/carolina - Quick question. On the tailgate end of the rails there are bumpers that cushion the rail against the tailgate itself. When the cover was delivered they were already attached to the rails. After I installed the rails I found two more bumper pieces loose and bundled in the rolled up cover. I'm trying to determine (without uninstalling) if these go on the cab end of the rails. Does this ring a bell with you? Any soft bumper pieces on the cab end of your rails? Thanks!

Last edited by flipu4reel; 08-14-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Posted below.

Last edited by flipu4reel; 08-15-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Truxedo better than Torza?

I'm also a bit in between options for a bedcover - but am leaning towards this Truxedo LoPro and a Torza top trifold.
I like the Torza for it's simplicity of rolling forward - just kinda flip it out of the way.
I like the LoPro because of the good words it gets here.

Can somebody speak up on how easy/hard it is to roll those Truxedo covers forward - especially for my short wifey on such a tall bed as an 06 SCREW.

TIA
-jack

Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by salansky
I'm also a bit in between options for a bedcover - but am leaning towards this Truxedo LoPro and a Torza top trifold.
I like the Torza for it's simplicity of rolling forward - just kinda flip it out of the way.

Can somebody speak up on how easy/hard it is to roll those Truxedo covers forward - especially for my short wifey on such a tall bed as an 06 SCREW.

TIA
-jack
I haven't had any issues rolling it back at all. The braces kind of keep it all together, and for me it moves quick and easy. How tall is your wife? She may have issues reaching the tie backs. I'll roll it and take a pic for you.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by flipu4reel
mgraves/carolina - Quick question. On the tailgate end of the rails there are bumpers that cushion the rail against the tailgate itself. When the cover was delivered they were already attached to the rails. After I installed the rails I found two more bumper pieces loose and bundled in the rolled up cover. I'm trying to determine (without uninstalling) if these go on the cab end of the rails. Does this ring a bell with you? Any soft bumper pieces on the cab end of your rails? Thanks!

I don't remember adding any short seal pieces in the back??? That is already taken care of with the lip seal on the front edge over the box. . .

I am going to be putting a tailgate seal on just to make it airtight to keep out the dust etc. . .

Old 08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by salansky

TIA
-jack

Depends on how short she is. . . I don't mean that being a smart a$$ or nothing but i roll mine up with one hand from one side or the other no problems. . being a shorter person though she will need to jump into the box to secure the straps to keep it from blowing if you were going to leave it rolled up for a trip. . .

I now even find myself almost needing to get into the box to strap mine after rolling it up now that i put my bed rails on and i'm 6'6".. .

Great product though and really does keep the water out. . . i have a bedrug so it is nice to not getting it wet during rainy trips or in the carwash

Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 AM
I haven't had any issues rolling it back at all. The braces kind of keep it all together, and for me it moves quick and easy. How tall is your wife? She may have issues reaching the tie backs. I'll roll it and take a pic for you.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Doesn't ring a bell to me sorry.

I find it easy to roll up. Not to difficult to secure with clips from the ground but if she is short she will just have to get up in the bed and secure. Two to three sec. For the money, and what it gives you I say go for it.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Where did you get that carpet bedliner from?

Old 08-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Kwonrae
Where did you get that carpet bedliner from?
I got both the bedliner and cover from http://www.truckalterations.com/. Fast delivery and great prices. BTW, don't believe the prices you see on the main page. Make sure you click the "Buy Now" button to see what you'll really pay. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quick Reply: Anybody have a truxedo cover?