Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Penda a good Bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Penda a good Bedliner?

I am just wondering if Penda is a good bedliner for a truck? I have one in my truck and I am having good luck with it. It came with the truck and I cannot afford a Rhino Liner. I have heard good things about this brand and I am just wondering if it is true? Your input would be appreciated.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
I guess if you like it, that's all that matters.

I had one (Penda Skid Resistor) in my new truck for exactly 24 hours.

It was the worst fitting, worst flapping, worst waste of useable space bedliner I have ever owned. Hey, it did come pre-warped from the factory if you consider that a plus..

The factory liner fits a million times better, tight as a glove and your front tiedowns aren't buried 10" back in a gaping black hole that's bound to fill full of crud.

Factory bedliner was cheaper too... go figure.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by quackrstackr
I guess if you like it, that's all that matters.

I had one (Penda Skid Resistor) in my new truck for exactly 24 hours.

It was the worst fitting, worst flapping, worst waste of useable space bedliner I have ever owned. Hey, it did come pre-warped from the factory if you consider that a plus..

The factory liner fits a million times better, tight as a glove and your front tiedowns aren't buried 10" back in a gaping black hole that's bound to fill full of crud.

Factory bedliner was cheaper too... go figure.

I agree. My bedliner does not fit right, however, I have not had too many problems with it so far. However, I do not like the way it fits in my bed.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by vernonbishop
I am just wondering if Penda is a good bedliner for a truck? I have one in my truck and I am having good luck with it. It came with the truck and I cannot afford a Rhino Liner. I have heard good things about this brand and I am just wondering if it is true? Your input would be appreciated.
I have a Penda skid resistor in my F150 unlike the other poster mine fits fine and I am happy with it a Ford brand in a friends truck also seems fine I wont have a spray in myself, I know several pepole with peeling spray in's

Old 10-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gordon M.
I have a Penda skid resistor in my F150 unlike the other poster mine fits fine and I am happy with it a Ford brand in a friends truck also seems fine I wont have a spray in myself, I know several pepole with peeling spray in's

Thank you for your input. I find that mine is just fine for what I need it for. I do not do a lot of hauling in the bed, (I just use the bed in case I need it for something like a moving job that I may need it for). I like the fact that it is skid resistant. Stuff just seems to stay in place.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Of the Drop-in liners, the Penda SR is the most skid resistant - again, when it is compared to other drop-ins. The Duraliner (Ford factory) fits tighter to the sides of the truck and gives better tie-down access.

Bottom line is that if it works for you and you like the fit and finish, enjoy it and be happy!

Old 10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Maybe they just installed a lemon in mine. I saw no difference in the stippling of the actual bedliner from the SR I had and the factory liner I now have.

The tailgate protector of the SR was quite a bit rougher than the bed part.

I couldn't handle the buried front tiedowns and the sloppy fit.

I haul an ATV a lot during the fall and winter. The buried tiedowns would have been a pain in the rear to deal with.

A lot of the sloppy fit issue comes from the fact that the front tiedowns aren't used as retention features like they are in the back. There's nothing holding onto anything other than the lip over the front of the bed. Why they don't change that is beyond me. It would improve the product 100% IMO.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:50 AM
SOunds like yours was at the transition period and you got one regular and one SR - although the SR should have that logo at the front.

They don't change the pockets because the narrowed bottom makes install easier. Of course, the smae things that make it easier to install make it a sloppier fit. The factory one fits much tighter and moves the tiedowns to the inside, but it is a much bigger pain for one guy to remove and install.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Mine had SR molded into it so I'm positive that's what it was supposed to be. May have been a bad set in the mold or something.

I purposely checked the little liner that was part of a display in the store when they were taking it back out, it was about the same as what was in the truck. If the whole thing had been like what was on the tailgate, that would have been a nice feature.

IMO the difference in ease of installation shouldn't even be a factor in the design of the thing.... considering an hour (or 20 minutes as was the case with that one) of installation vs the resulting extremely sloppy fit and reduced usage of the 2 front tiedowns for the life of a $30k+ truck.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Definitely wouldn't argue the point about engineering them to fit and function vs ease of installation. And the skid resistance of the SR is still not very good. But they do serve a purpose and a lot of people still buy them - I have several friends that love plastic liners, but mostly because they do landscaping and have dump beds...

In the end, every bed liner has a use to someone, I like the koi pond idea... could make an even bigger one if we seal the ends of two together...

Old 10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Angry

I like my SR, however, I do not like the fit and finish. I would have rather had a spray on liner, however, my budget would not have allowed that.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Take a look at the Dualcomp website, it gives an excellent appearance while doing a better job of keep cargo in it's place. And it won't break the budget.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Bryndon
Take a look at the Dualcomp website, it gives an excellent appearance while doing a better job of keep cargo in it's place. And it won't break the budget.

Mucho Gracias!

Old 10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
my SR leaves alot to be desired. It started out with a poor fit and gradually went down hill. I would look at other brands.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by wetanner
my SR leaves alot to be desired. It started out with a poor fit and gradually went down hill. I would look at other brands.

I would, however, mine came with the truck when I bought it. I will eventually get a spray on liner, like a Rhino Liner, because I like the fit and finish better.

Quick Reply: Is Penda a good Bedliner?