Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

F150 Rear Seat Removal 2004-2008 - MY WAY

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat in 2010 extended cab

Is the seat in the 2010 extended cab the same.? I am wanting to install some seat covers and can not get the rear seat to tilt to give me access to the back of the seat thanks

Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 PM
rear seat removal

well after trying for like an hour came on the computer and typed in 2008 back seat removal and found your posting, copied it and took it outside and was done in 5 minutes. Thanks for taking the time to post as it was a huge help.......

Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Just did this. I ended up shoving my hand back there to feel around for the slot, replace my finger with a screwdriver, shove it up as far as it would go and bam it was released. I now know my key pad code. thanks!

Old 02-11-2014, 03:04 AM
im sorry to dig up a dead thread, but hopefully someone with direct experience will chime in..

ok i finnally got the back rest off my f150 crew cab.. i have two same sized amps JL300/4 and 500/1... they are 13x9x2.4" deep...so if i were to build and amp rack out of 3/4 mdf to mount my ground block, distro block, amps and comp set cross overs, i should be able to fit by back rest with no problem , and still have a little clearance for them to cool?

also i have an enclosure for 2 10s that is installed under the rear seat...i dry fitted it to see how it fits in my truck... im pretty happy with the way it fits, but i can still move it with out too much force....how do you guys secure your boxes, in a case such as mine?

Old 08-11-2023, 03:52 PM
Help

[QUOTE=ARCuhTEK;3663397]To further paraphrase this entire backrest removal:

1. Just remove the top of the seat belt tower. It is very obvious what you have to do once you are looking at it.

2. Stick a screw driver beside one of the two latches (see photo) and aim toward the roof. Push forward. Your screw driver will slide in the access hole (it may take you a couple of tries). Once you feel the screw driver stop, push hard. At the same time take your free arm and push the seat down (not very much effort is required) Keep pushing the screw driver,....yo will feel a liitle movement. When you feel the movement, quickly grab the bottom of the seat and lift up. One side is done!

Repeat.

After wasting 90 minutes when it really only took 5 mins....I was somewhere between embarrassed and angry. So I wrote this artilce to save YOU time.

Edit on 05/19/09: Included link to new photos of backrest.

If you want actual pictures of the back side of the back rest....of the clips....etc. Go to one of my other threads:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...back-rest.html

Good luck![/QUOI am completely frustrated every time I ask someone online how to remove the back bench seat they tell me how to remove the rear portion of the seat I want to remove the back bench The thing that you sit on I need somebody to tell me how to do that I have looked online and I can only find one person that does this on YouTube and his video is trash. If somebody could give me a little bit of advice on how to take the back bench seat out I have a big subwoofer and I want to set it on the ground with the back back portion of the seat still intact

Quick Reply: F150 Rear Seat Removal 2004-2008 - MY WAY