Question about Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about Fender Flares

I was poking around at a set of fender flares for my 04 xlt, most likely bushwacker, seems like the reviews for them are really good. My real question is about the durability of the flares in the cold. I live in Boston and needless to say, it gets pretty cold up here during the winter, my biggest concern with the flares is them becoming brittle/cracking from extreme cold.

Anyone who has a set care to weigh in?

Old 11-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't own a set, but if they are painted to match they typically hold up really well. I like the OEM style ones on stock height/leveled trucks, and the pocket style on lifted trucks. Paint matched is the only way to go for me which will help preserve them.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Are yours factory Darren or did you pick them up somewhere?

Old 11-05-2015, 02:29 PM

i had bushwacker extend a fender flares on my old f350 and they held up great for over 4 years and still looked great when i sold it. but definatley get them painted to match or they will get chalky and faded pretty quickly

Old 11-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ScrewLariat

i had bushwacker extend a fender flares on my old f350 and they held up great for over 4 years and still looked great when i sold it. but definatley get them painted to match or they will get chalky and faded pretty quickly
Did you have snow where you live? I'm also looking at some fender flares and I can't decide. Here in Canada, we get plenty of snow and random cold spells.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:36 AM
yeah, pleny of cold and snow here in southern new england. probably not quite what you get in canada, but i never had an issue with them. they also appear to be rated for nissan strikes. the enire fender got bent pretty good, and the flare ended up un harmed and went back on the new one.

Quick Reply: Question about Fender Flares