HID experts! i need you. haha

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID experts! i need you. haha

so i bought a 10000k hid high/low kit. it came with the hid bulbs (high and low both hid), relay kit, and two 35W ballast. i spent about 75 bucks on it so its not top quality. got everything wire up and they flickered bad then just shut off, switched to high beam, same thing. contacted seller and he said i needed capacitors so i got some capacitors that are suppose to remove error codes and stop flickering. well today i went to install the capacitor thinkin they were gunna fix the problem, well, it didnt. lol they still do the exact same thing. does anybody out there have any solutions. its on a 2004 f150 (new body style not heritage). tomorrow i'm gunna run both grounds to the battery and see where that keeps me. but like said, i need advice! lol so im open to any ideas. if you can text me at 918-931-2447 with any solutions or ideas because i'll be out in the shop the rest of the day and may not be able to check the computer

Old 11-27-2010, 03:10 PM
You might want to try a new wire herness for your headlights. When I bought my kit for my 2000 F-150, they reccomended their new wire harness. This might help.

http://www.carhidkits.com/xenon-hid-...rness-200.html

Old 11-27-2010, 05:24 PM
ok cool i'll look into that. but mine came with something very similiar only you have to ground each light instead of just one ground and that is the only difference. but i'll contact them and ask what the difference is

Old 11-28-2010, 02:16 AM
How long do they flicker for? Do they both do it?

You should be able to connect your fog lights to the ballast directly to test. You may have to flip the connector to get them to turn on.

If you have these style of ballasts, connect the fog light connector to the connection above the last E in extreme.

If you have slims, connect it to what would be the red connector in this picture (yours is probably black)

If they turn on, you problem is very likely in your harness. If they still flicker and die, then it's probably your ballasts (especially if they flicker for like 1-2 seconds and die, means it's trying to ignite but fails).

Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
bad ballasts

Old 11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
hey guys i used the same ballast since they were already mounted for 9006 hid bulbs in my projectors and they worked flawlessly. so i'm gunna say its prolly something to do with the harness. they come on perfect and a few seconds they start flickering(it looks like waves on the garage door when it starts this then they just shut off. i think imma get my money back for them and my new headlights(or sell em to somebody on here) and buy ddm tuning hid kits for my projectors and fog lights.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:37 AM
any of y'll wanna buy this kit off me? lol i'll let it go for 40 without shipping. shouldn't cost much since it'll fit in a flat rate box. maybe you can get it workin rite

Quick Reply: HID experts! i need you. haha