Rear wings and hood scoops!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear wings and hood scoops!!

been thinking about putting a rear wing and the lund hood scoops on my truck. anybody have pics of them? i want to see what they look like on a 04-08 style. i am not a fan of the roush wing or the hood scoop but if the lund ones look bad to me, then i might end up going with it. just post any pics you have. i am looking for ideas. have the ones i want set in my mind for now, just wanna see if i see anything i like better. thanks. i do not have a bed cover and probably wont have one anytime soon and they really dont tickle my fancy, especially the hard ones.
or if someone could photoshop the hood scoops on. looking at the large ones.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hood scoops are tacky. I don't know why but I get discusted when I see a vehicle with hood scoops that just tape on. And are you looking for a wing or a spoiler? Because I don't think roush makes wings.

here's some pictures of my wing.

Last edited by LateKnightRides; 02-14-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added a picture of my hood.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice hood LKR.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:16 PM
yeah LKR that is an awesome hood. is it functional? i want pics of wings and spoilers i guess, sepends on what you think is a wing and what you think is a spoiler. either way i mean a rear one. that almost looks like the wing that my 89 firebird had. i thought about that too. but i dont think its wide enough. i am liking these 2 so far..nevermind the chevy in the 1st pic. i have looked it up and apparently the wings are the same size for chevy/ford/dodge.
1st choice

2nd choice

either one would be painted either black or PTM. leaning more towards PTM by far but not ruling out black. and the hood scoops i am thinking about trying to make them functional. drilling out the fake holes on the front so it is mesh-like and cutting into my hood. aftermarket hood is not an option right now for me. either way if i mess up my stock hood a little, it will be covered by the scoops and it would give me more of a reason to save for a ram air hood sooner.

Last edited by timmypstyle; 02-14-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: deleted urls, added pics
Old 02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
By functional do you mean it's open? Then yes it is. I haven't installed a CIA that will serve it yet but planning on doing so when I get it back up and running in the summer.

And just so you know the style of a spoiler is
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=576

and a style of a wing is what I have

At least thats what I've always been taught could be wrong.

Last edited by LateKnightRides; 02-14-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added
Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM
i found one like the daytona/srt-10 but i like the lower profile on better.
also the one i have as 2nd choice is 11 inches tall, the 1st choice is 5 inches.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
just don't get one too big. you don't want it look unproportional like this
http://www.automopedia.org/wp-conten...02/spoiler.jpg

Old 02-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by LateKnightRides
By functional do you mean it's open? Then yes it is. I haven't installed a CIA that will serve it yet but planning on doing so when I get it back up and running in the summer.

And just so you know the style of a spoiler is
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=576

and a style of a wing is what I have

At least thats what I've always been taught could be wrong.
yeah, i meant open. yeah the roush spoiler looks like a plastci bookshelf to me. looks cheap for roush. their scoops arent bad but i like the double scoops. fyi i LOVE firebirds/trans ams and the WS6 from 98-02 is the look i like. your hood is by far the coolest one ive ever seen on an f150. i remmeber seeing it in black and white in a catalog and dropping my jaw, but painted...

Old 02-14-2010, 01:50 PM
just don't get one too big. you don't want it look unproportional like this
http://www.automopedia.org/wp-conten...02/spoiler.jpg
i would seriously kill myself before i got one like that lol. the one i have as 2nd choice like the ram daytona is the tallest i would go. i was just looking at it and to be honest it is looking more weird the more i look at it. just looks funny on an f150. i am used to it being on a ram which is rounded, then seeing it on a boxy f150..... the first one still looks to me

Old 02-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Why do you want a wing, its not like your truck breaks traction.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
They have similar hoods scoops to that for our trucks. Not exactly the same but similar. If you really want to go that route. But make sure it blends in with the truck and it's not taped on.
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2...r00080250.html

If this is the kind you were talking about.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by expedition4x4
i raced one of these. he tried to pass me but since he was riding my butt i made him earn it, he did pass me but he had a heck of a time. and i was laughing the whole time because i had a 1990 chrysler 5th avenue. 3.3L V6 147hp 183Lb-Ft and he had a 5.7L hemi. from 50 up to about 105 was the race. took him probably 3/4-1 mile to be able to pull back in the lane.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
it does help like 5% because it gives more downforce to the truck on our RWD's only way they don't work is if you have a FWD it would give more lift to the front which defeats the purpose.

And if you think I'm wrong please do tell. I know it doesn't do that much but it still has a point. Plus they look good

Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
lol yes it does, i just dont try very hard to do it because i know the rear end hops. sometimes even hops on wet roads, heck it sometimes does it on snowy roads. the colder and dry snow where you actually have some traction.

They have similar hoods scoops to that for our trucks. Not exactly the same but similar. If you really want to go that route. But make sure it blends in with the truck and it's not taped on.
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2...r00080250.html

If this is the kind you were talking about.
no thats not it. the ones i am thinking about are the most popular ones on the road. made by lund, 2 pieces and yes they are taped on. but i have been thinking about trying to smoothe out the edge or fill it with something to try to make it look like its not taped on. i think they are ok but i saw them on a chevy venture once. talk about tacky. i nearly cried i was laughing so hard.

Quick Reply: Rear wings and hood scoops!!