Gettin My windows tinted tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever happened to the good o'le days of the tinter just cutting some film and applying it? Man has this country gotten lazy, So they will let business walk out cause they don't have templates? Im sure i've had atleast 20+ cars/trucks tinted and never had a TEMPLATE to do this.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by hemislayer
WEll Guys I got some BAD news lol. I went to the place to get my tint done and they use templates, which are pre-cut tint to fit perfectly.

I have never heard of such a thing. Every car I have ever had tinted, had the guy come out, cut the film to fit my window and applied it.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Templates sound like something you get on ebay and do yourself. If they can't cut tint and install it they don't need to be installing on your truck IMO.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems like you've already gotten some replies, but here's my 2 cents for what it's worth...

- Rainguards are awesome. They may look a bit odd, but they help so much.
I sell the crap out of them at work; we've got a set on my Dad's truck, I still need a set for mine.

- The quality of the pre-cut film isn't very good. Pay to get it done at a shop that carries a warranty with their product and service. Most likely if it has a warranty, that means that you won't need it (but if you do it's there...).

-(And just cause I'm a picture *****...) Here's my truck, 5% Brow, 35% Front Two, 20% Rear Three.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I personally do not like the rainguards on our trucks, but if you like them I would go with the In-channel ones.

On the tint, I agree with the other members who have said to look for another tinter. I have had many cars and trucks tinted and they have never used templates to make them "perfect". A good tinter can take a standard roll and apply it beautifully without using a template. I have never had an issue with the company by my house and they only charge about $200 to do an F150 Supercrew all the way around with any darkness requested. I have 35% on my fronts and 15% over the factory glass on the rear.

07 FX4, Since the factory glass does not use a removable film, I am not sure how they took it off for you.

KR-Texas

Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I also have only heard of the templates in the do it yourself kits....my tinter lays the film on the outside of the vehicle, cuts it to size and then installs on the inside...perfect evertime.

Quick Reply: Gettin My windows tinted tomorrow