Offroad Lights Black or Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offroad Lights Black or Chrome

Im getting a chrome lightbar tomorrow and im conflicted as to whether lights with chrome housing or black housing will look better.

My grille has been recently painted black so theres part of me that says black but another part that says chrome.

what do yall think?

heres the truck

Old 07-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since your bumper is chrome the chrome light bar will work, but the black will look better with your newly painted grill only if you purchase black lights. Stainless is an option that requires less maintenance than either of the other choices. Black will require the most up keep. They are usually steel and powder coated, chips from rocks can lead to rust. I don't if I have made the choice any easier, just some facts. I like black...

Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I'd personally go polished stainless, but that's just me. I think having the light bar all chrome would like nice with your bumpers and give a nice contrast to your newly painted grille. It'd make everything stand out more. Plus, like jdruzik said, the stainless will require much less work to keep nice and shiny.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I would go with black because it will compliment the rest of the chrome on your truck, but it's your truck and do what you want to do.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 PM

at first i was in favor of the stainless and then started liking the black and ive gotten two votes for black and one for stainless in my family so im just looking for opinions on if it would look good with the black or just go with the stainless.

lots of people have said black is harder to keep clean can you elaborate more on this

Old 07-05-2009, 08:36 PM

installed the light bar today and im going to order the black lights cuz once i put it on there was too much chrome. needs some black to break it up alittle.

heres the pic.

Quick Reply: Offroad Lights Black or Chrome