Your HID Installation Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your HID Installation Pics

Hey guys.

Installed my 6000k bi-xenon HID setup last night. I started it around 6pm and rushed everything just so I could make sure the system worked, then came out early this morning since I have the day off and cleaned up all the wiring.

I'd like to see some pictures of you installs if possible. I have one wire (This is the bi-xenon kit, so it comes with the single relay that both ballasts connect to) that runs from the drivers side over to the passenger side to reach the relay.

I'm curious to see how you guys routed that wire because
1.) I don't want it just hanging there over the belts and stuff.
2.) I've got it tucked under the radiator plastic shroud right now until it gets close to the big main radiator hose... which right now I have it taped up a few inches over that because I'm worried about the heat from it affecting the wire.

This is the cleanest look I could get... but I'd like to do away with that tape if possible. Anyone know roughly what temperature that main hose runs at? Would it be detrimental to the wire if they touched a little bit?

Also, I plan on taking some pics tonight when the sun goes down. These lights are frickin' incredible.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I ran my bixenon wire to the other side just under the plastic piece that separate the radiator from the hood. I used zip ties to keep it away from that hose and to make sure it isnt dangling near any other parts.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
I ran my bixenon wire to the other side just under the plastic piece that separate the radiator from the hood. I used zip ties to keep it away from that hose and to make sure it isnt dangling near any other parts.
Thats what I'm going for, but that plastic piece over the radiator ends right at that hose, then the wires have to go towards the battery for the relay.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:38 PM
notice the loom that is laying on the radiator

Old 05-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
notice the loom that is laying on the radiator

I do believe your engine bay is in dire need of a "bath"

Old 05-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Val3ntin0
I do believe your engine bay is in dire need of a "bath"
heh, you should see mine. :o:o

Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM
It looks as though it has already had one but I am not sure as to exactly what in!!!LOL

Old 05-29-2008, 08:38 PM
hahaha well that pic was 2 years ago.............its still has never been cleaned since it was bought new in 05, i got a coil wet on my old truck and too scared to try it again....

Old 05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by azmidget91
hahaha well that pic was 2 years ago.............its still has never been cleaned since it was bought new in 05, i got a coil wet on my old truck and too scared to try it again....
Mine looks about the same and I've heard too many stories of getting things wet and causing problems. I keep the engine clean on my T/A but the truck is a daily driver and way too difficult to keep clean.

Quick Reply: Your HID Installation Pics